Manager, MPBN Planning Job Vacancy At Airtel Nigeria
Manager, MPBN Planning job opening is currently available at Airtel Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Head Home BroadBand Fixed Job At Airtel Nigeria
- Passive & Active Partner Governance Engineer Job At Airtel
- Network Security Engineer Job Vacancy At Airtel Nigeria
- This function is expected to act as the representative for business, technical and functional requirements in IP Packet backbone solutions to support both Mobile and Enterprise services.
- The function will define the optimal topology of the IP core network to meet premium service level agreements and industry architecture for next-generation IP networks.
- To evaluate network design and define integrated planning/implementation criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the IP core network.
- Also would evaluate delivery of IP projects to designed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to deliver any new functional requirements placed upon the 2G/3G/LTE Mobile Network which includes but is not limited to voice, data and other services.
Manager, MPBN Planning Responsibilities
- MPBN Core Planning and Architecture design to ensure Uninterrupted voice and data service delivery
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and compiles with the contractual vendor requirements.
- On the concept of solutions proffered and before implementation, documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs should be prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Update all IP Core documentation and topology to reflect running solution.
- Manage IP Network addressing and allocation for the entire network including Access (IPRAN)
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all IP nodes, interfaces – following network growth and projections.
- Handshake with the transmission on Submarine/fibre capacity required to support projected MPBN core and Edge interface capacity
- Continuously monitor network traffic, trends and various parameters to ensure Network elements have the required capacity to cater for projected traffic growth with enough headroom for resilience purposes. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations and performance teams.
- Ensure planning is actual with very minimal or no inventory leftover in ordered equipment for capacity expansion/upgrade
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the IP backbone to a city-level granularity
- Responsible for planning all expansion of nodes well in advance.
- Plan evolution of IP backbone to best industry practices
- Ensuring that partners deliver the projects to the high quality and expected first time right.
- Manage Project From Ordering to delivery; Hold kick-off and recurrent governance meetings with Vendors to ensure full control and smooth delivery
- Explore new initiatives which meet business requirements by developing and delivering cost-efficient delivery plans of proposed solutions.
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
- Bachelor/Masters of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree/Computer Science
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of IP/MPLS and its role in the Telecommunications industry.
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
- Minimum of 6-8years working experience in large Mobile/ISP Network Operator
- Multivendor experience – HUAWEI, CISCO, JUNIPER, ALCATEL LUCENT platforms
- Detailed understanding of IP Routing and switching, and its interrelation with supported domains; working knowledge of other connecting domains like Transmission and Service Nodes.
- IPRAN and SDN Experience will be an added advantage
- Experience in deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Good project management Skills
- Experience in measuring, analyzing and interpreting IP Networks Key performance indicators
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with a commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
- Professionalism in delivering daily services
- Innovative and Entrepreneurial in managing challenging situations
How To Apply For Manager, MPBN Planning Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Airtel Nigeria LinkedIn page.
- Hit the ‘Apply’ button and create an application account on the portal if you don’t have any.
- Complete your application by providing the requested information as well as documents.
- Submit your application and wait for a notification for an interview if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.