Manager Optical Transmission Operations Job At 9mobile
Applications are invited for the vacant position of Manager Optical Transmission Operations at Abuja by 9mobile Nigeria, interested candidates must possess all the below-listed requirements as well as has the ability to carry out all functions and duties listed for this job.
The Manager Optical Transmission Operations shall implement an effective framework for the operation and maintenance of all optical transmission links and provide high level support functions on all operational optical transmission equipment.
Perform core network maintenance activities on the network, node integration, network audit, and network performance improvement.
- Engineer CS Core Operations Job At 9mobile
- Senior Engineer Optimization Job At 9mobile
- Senior Engineer Network Solution Architecture Job At 9mobile
Manager Optical Transmission Operations Principal Functions
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the team/ function’s activities.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and manage service levels with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the acceptance and handover of newly built / leased fibre infrastructure / Optical Equipment.
- Ensure that a routine operation and maintenance programme/ procedure is in place for optical transmission links and equipment.
- Manage the monitoring of all optical transmission systems, and ensure prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/ links
- Manage the performance and availability of Optical transmission services deployed – DWDM backbone / City Metro fibre /Lastmile fibre to VIPs and other mobile operators.
- Ensure efficient system logs and backup procedures are implemented and fully complied with.
- Manage bandwidth on optical transmission media for optimal performance.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to service level agreements with vendors (interconnect partners, leased line providers etc.)
- Provide necessary support towards proper integration of new fixed transmission links.
- Ensure prompt availability of information on all fibre/cable transmission links and equipment.
- Consistently refine operating processes, systems and platforms to facilitate continuous improvement and ensure network operations meet operational delivery requirements.
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to fixed transmission operations policies, standards, guidelines and operations and take action as required.
- Manage inter-unit functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports of the fibre backbone and metro networks for the attention of the Head, Transmission Operations
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Transmission Operations
- First degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years work experience with at least two (2) years in a supervisory role
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Optical fiber technologies including DWDM, ASON etc.
- Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Control
- Network Operations
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Delegation/ Supervisory/ Analytical thinking
- Team building / Mentoring
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
How To Apply For Manager Optical Transmission Operations In 9mobile
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link.
- Register an account in the 9mobile recruitment portal.
- Verify your account through your registered email.
- Log into your account and complete your application with accurate information.
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and wait for a notification for an interview if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit careers.9mobile.com.ng.