Manager, Programme Schools Job Vacancy At KwaraLearn
A Manager, Programme Schools job vacancy is currently available at KwaraLearn. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Director, School Inspection Job Vacancy At KwaraLearn
- Manager, People Operations Job At KwaraLearn
- Director Finance Job Vacancy At KwaraLearn
(Leading Education Achievement and Reform Now) is a core new education programme by the Government of Kwara State to deliver dramatic improvements in learning outcomes in public schools for all children across Kwara State.
KwaraLEARN will transform all government primary schools across the state into powerful public schools using innovative technology and a data-driven platform, coupled with high-quality learning materials, effective training and ongoing coaching for teachers and school leaders, and technology-enabled support teams to create 360-degree support for learning outcomes.
Working for the technical implementing partner for the programme, you will work towards preparing Kwara and its youth for a bright future with a strong educational foundation. Being part of this transformative programme will be a challenging but fulfilling experience. You will have the opportunity to impact young lives and help build the future of Kwara and Nigeria.
The programme is one of the most exciting and ambitious education programmes not only in Nigeria but also across Africa. Quality education has the power to transform the opportunities for Kwara’s youth and the State. In joining us, you will join a group of dynamic and passionate Nigerians taking concrete action to help ensure a better future for the children of Kwara.
Schools are the heart of NewGlobe. Schools are responsible for ensuring all of the work created by our expert teams, including Instructional Design, Leadership & Development, Technology, Communications, and Insight, are used in each school, and each school is managed to achieve its goal of ensuring every child enjoys a learning environment that develops her core skills, knowledge and confidence.
The performance of the entire organization is led by the Schools Group, which works to strengthen school enrollment and student retention, by ensuring every school is regarded as the strongest school in its neighbourhood and delivers on improved learning outcomes for children. Schools are the largest team in the organization, as this Group is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of each school. We engage with school leaders and teachers every day, ensuring ongoing professional development, performance management, and intensive coaching.
Our investments in instructional design and teachers’ professional development are overseen by the Schools Group, and academics are at the forefront of our school programming. To ensure sustainability, we support effective school-level budgeting and financial management. We are always seeking effective ways of ensuring every school is supported with data-driven practices. We measure our success through increased enrollments in the school, signalling strength in management and community engagement, and by the learning outcomes of the children in the classroom. We are performance-driven.
About the role
As the Programme Manager of School and Community Management, you will be responsible for assisting in the management of the entire “front of house” school operations from beginning to end. This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense programme management skills, impeccable customer service, and constant accountability. This includes managing the engagement field team responsible for launching and managing new partnership schools as well as overseeing the execution of advertisements, events, and parent programmes.
Manager, Programme Schools Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Management of ‘KwaraLearn Education’ Partnership Schools in collaboration with the Director of Schools and Academics
- Supervise and Manage Community engagement strategy for building powerful public schools
- Develop, manage and supervise PTA engagement activities in day to day running of the schools
- Coordinate schools, supplies, grounds, and overall inventory management; principal supervision and mentorship; and more – including accountability measures
- Coordinate community outreach across all ‘KwaraLearn Education’ Partnership communities including advertisements, events, communications, programmes, promotions and more aimed at parents, community leaders and influencers, and the general public
- Spend time in KwaraLearn Partnership communities developing knowledge of the communities as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities
- Assist in recruiting, induction training, workshops, and ongoing professional development
- Oversee the collation of information from all departments; maintain weekly trackers, supervise data collection from the field; work with assigned partners and Director to increase community linkages.
- Ensure that schools` grounds and buildings are maintained, oversee repairs, and train principles.
- Develop and work with Parent Teachers Associations, and Community Leaders in developing strategic plans for school management.
- Oversee activities of the department in the absence of the Director.
What you should have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Community Development, Business Management or any relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, including extensive experience in operations, programme management, managing field teams, retail, sales, and customer strategy
- Prior experience working within a fast-paced, metric-driven sales organization; start-up or high-growth company experience preferred
- Experience working with low-income customers; community engagement in the education or health sector is a major plus
- Experience planning events; interacting with major stakeholders; community, business and government
- Passion for NewGlobe’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, KwaraLEARN works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – You don’t rely on your intuition alone when making decisions. You collect data, analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust
How To Apply For Manager, Programme Schools Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link.
- Hit the ‘Apply Now’ button behind this position and complete your application.
- The application deadline is 14th July 2022.
To apply for this job please visit kwaralearn.ng.