Main One Cable Company
Manager, Regulatory Services Job Vacancy At Main One Cable Company
A Manager, Regulatory Services job vacancy is currently available at Main One Cable Company. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers.
Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fibre optic networks, and data centre facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa.
Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
- Legal Intern Job Vacancy At Main One Cable Company
- Transmission Implementation Engineer (Core) Job At Main One Cable Company
- Transmission Implementation Engineer (Access) Job At Main One Cable Company
- The Manager, Regulatory Services shall be responsible for identifying, managing and fostering long term relationships with relevant regulatory bodies across all of the Group Companies operating jurisdictions (such as NCC, NCA, ARTCI, ANACOM, NPA, DPR, NOTAP, Federal, State and Local authorities e.t.c)
Manager, Regulatory Services Responsibilities
- Manage, advise and proffer practical solutions to ensure compliance with the Group Companies legal & regulatory requirements and obligations
- Ensure regulatory compliance with the Group Companies licensing conditions, permit obligations, regulatory directives and all other applicable legal and statutory requirements with proactive regulatory liaison and engagements
- Keep abreast and analyze all applicable local and international legislation, regulations, guidelines and regulatory developments in the telecommunication industry impacting on the Group companies business and provide requisite advisory for the sustainability of the business
- Ensure and foster effective governmental, regulatory stakeholder management and engagement to protect and boost the Company’s interest and contribute to discourse and position papers on the telco industry
- Build effective working relationships within the Company and internal stakeholders and between the Company and regulatory stakeholders to support commercial decision making
- Influence policy formulation through submission of constructive legal opinions, position papers and active participation at regulatory forums and meetings in the telecommunication industry
- Represent and advance the Company’s interest in domestic and international telco industry organisation meetings
- Collaborate and facilitate cross-functional decision-making relating to regulatory activities among the units in the legal department
- Interface with law enforcement agencies concerning issues of security and investigations
- Manage assigned projects to completion
- Coordinate, manage, develop and motivate the team in the regulatory and government affairs unit, setting & monitoring clear objectives in line with functional and business goals
- Must have First Degree; LLM is an added advantage
- 8- 10 years Post NYSC experience with a minimum of 5 years in core regulatory and compliance practice
- Thorough understanding of Company and commercial law, regulatory and compliance practice; telco regulations
- Experience in consumer-facing businesses, capacity sales business plus knowledge of telecom and/or support for sales clients preferred
- Exceptional judgment and strong initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and a teamwork-oriented attitude
- Proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with other attorneys and staff, diverse in-house client groups, senior executives, opposing counsel and outside personnel;
- Ability to interact effectively with business and technical clients in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Demands of the Job
- Good research skills
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the team
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
How To Apply for Manager, Regulatory Services Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Main One Cable Company recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline is 19th February.
To apply for this job please visit career.mainone.net.