Grand Cereals Limited (GCL)
Mill Operator – Cereal Plant Job Vacancy At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
A Mill Operator – Cereal Plant job vacancy is currently available at Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Packing Operator, BFC – Cereal Mill Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Roller Operator Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Screen Room Operator Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials, with leading brands in the Cereals, Vegetable Oil and Animal Feed categories.
Purpose of Job
- Works with the Rollerman to ensure optimal running of plant machinery (Rollermills, De-germinators, Plansifters etc.), arranging of sieves in the plan sifter, adjustment of degerminators, regular inspection of plant machinery, to ensure all equipment are in proper condition when operational.
Mill Operator – Cereal Plant Responsibilities
- Ensure milled Product meets the desired specification.
- Ensure the correct sieves are set in the Plansifters to deliver the product specification
- Proper setting of Degerminators and monitoring their performance.
- Monitoring of Purifiers and cleaning of clogged sieves when required.
- Regular inspection of operational equipment to ensure they are in good condition.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operation maintenance of Plansifters, Jet filters, Purifiers, Rollermills, e.t.c.
- Report any identified anomaly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Support technical maintenance.
- Regular inspection of machine drives.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Set and monitor Degerminators to perform optimally.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Always ensure good housekeeping of the plant.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Participate in safety and 5S audits and follow through on the closeout of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Report unsafe conditions, near miss and unsafe acts and encourage others to do the same using the Safety Observation Cards, and inform the Supervisor.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Train and guide new employees and OSPs in your team on the Job.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that Production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.).
- Minimum of OND in Engineering or Sciences.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Teamwork/Team Player
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail; quality consciousness
- Safety consciousness
How To Apply For Mill Operator – Cereal Plant Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload your resume and send your application.
- The application deadline is 24th November.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit grandcereals.com.