Grand Cereals Limited (GCL)
Mill Planner Job Vacancy At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
A Mill Planner job vacancy is currently available at Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Pellet Press Operator Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Extruder Operator Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Mechanical Technician Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials, with leading brands in the Cereals, Vegetable Oil and Animal Feed categories.
Purpose of Job
- Will be responsible for the planning of the production schedules and workflow to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay in fulfilling supply.
Mill Planner Responsibilities
Production & Packaging:
- Ensure packaging of the agreed quantity of products meet sales & distribution forecasts.
- Coordinate production workflow for all product SKUs in the plant to deliver business plan On Time and In Full (OTIF)
- Planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Determining manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand.
- Ensure all materials (packaging, Raw materials, Chemicals, etc.) required to execute the plan are available before the plan is rolled out.
- Schedule shift according to production needs.
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget.
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption.
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Ensure timely posting of production on SAP.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Collate all maintenance issues submitted by Production supervisors and forward them to Maintenance Engineer for maintenance planning.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Monitor material usage rate for accounting and variance determination.
- Ensure the right materials (Packaging, Chemicals, etc.) are supplied for production.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Carry out safety and 5S audit and follow through on closeout of action points.
- Make sure working conditions and environment are in line with the law and company policies.
- Report unsafe conditions, near miss and unsafe acts and encourage others to do the same using the Safety Observation Cards, also report same to the Plant Manager.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Assess performance and potentials of employees.
- Evaluate manpower requirements.
- Maintain and develop internal communication.
- Participate in the appraisal of Junior colleagues.
- Ensure production plans are in line with the sales demand plan
- Coordinate the execution of the production plan most effectively and efficiently.
- Provide monthly shift roaster that assures adequate manning in all production sections to meet up with the production plan.
- Make production reports (daily, weekly and monthly) available on time.
- Minimum of First Degree (HND, B.Eng. or BSc.) in Engineering or Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork/Team Player
- People Management
- Good written and verbal communication
- Relationship management
- Good written and verbal communications
- Good planning and organisation skills
How To Apply For Mill Planner Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload your resume and send your application.
- The application deadline is 24th November.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit grandcereals.com.