Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
National Program Coordinator Job At FMARD
Applications are invited from the suitably qualified individuals for the vacant position of National Program Coordinator in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD).
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) is implementing a three- year IFAD-assisted Value Chain Development Programme Additional Financing (VCDP AFi), as a follow-up to the successful six (6) – year Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP), in nine (9) participating states (Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogi, Nasarawa, Taraba, Niger, and Ogun).
The Programme’s goal is: “Rural Poverty reduced, food security increased and accelerated economic growth achieved.” The VCDP, which was approved for an IFAD loan of USD744 million in 2012, aimed to directly improve the livelihood of approximately 17,480 households (15,000 smallholder farmers, I,68o processors, and 800 traders) and to benefit indirectly approximately 22,000 households.
In 2018, IFAI) approved an Additional Financing (AF1) of IJSD 89.1 million to: (i) expand VCDP activities to three (3) new states – Enugu, Kogi, and Nasarawa – and to a total of 57 meal Government Areas (LOAs) from 30 LGAs at the Mid-term Review (MTR) of VCDP, in the entire nine states; and (ii) support the mainstreaming of issues that were not considered at the design of VCDP, consistent with national and IFAI) policies; climate-smart agricultural practices; conflict mitigation as the conflict increases between farmers and herdsmen for land resources; nutrition and financial inclusion.
- Assistant Rural Infrastructure Engineer (ARIE) Job At FMARD
- Agricultural Production Advisor Job At FMARD
The VCDP -AF1 focuses on enhancing the productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers (who cultivate not more than 5ha of land under rice/cassava) and small/medium-scale agro-processors (with the processing capacity of an average of 2MT/day for cassava and 4MT/day for rice) by improving their access to markets, and capacity to increase yield as well as add value to locally produced raw materials through improved processing and packaging.
The programme is being implemented through three mutually reinforcing components; Agricultural Market Development, Smallholder Productivity Enhancement, and Programme Management and Coordination.
We are currently hiring individuals who have all the below-listed criteria.
Details of the Contract
- The NPC position is a Contract Appointment for a period of two (2) years in the first instance, renewal subject to satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN and IFAD.
The National Programme Coordinator (NPC) will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the Agricultural Value Chain Development Programme.
- The National Programme Coordinator (NP( will be responsible for overall coordination, management, and implementation of FGN/IFAD-VCDP in nine (9) participating states.
- A key element of the position will be to ensure that the programme achieves its development objectives and outcomes.
- The NPC will report directly to the Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU) of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
Specific Duties For National Program Coordinator
- Day to day technical and administrative leadership and coordination support to the programme
- Head the Secretariat of the National Steering Committee (NSC)
- Promote teamwork of specialists and other programme staff at the states and national office for effective progranune implementation.
- Coordinate and supervise programme implementation by the participating states
- Convene management meeting at NPMU as well as quarterly technical review involving SPMUs
- Manage and motivate programme staff to ensure discipline and enhanced programme performance
- Coordinate preparation of Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWPB) and submit same to the National Steering Committee (NBC) and the IFAD Country Office for approval through the Director, Projects Coordination Unit (PCU).
- Ensure timely delivery of quality reports (AWPB, semi-annual reports, financial statements, audit reports to FMARD through PCU and IFAD Country Office,
- Coordinate supervision mission and ensure the implementation of mission’s recommendations.
- Select and engage Service Providers where necessary and formulate ToRs and scope of work for the service providers, supervise, monitor, and certify the work of the service providers for various activities and assignments.
- Undertake any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU), and IFAD Country Office, Abuja.
Requirements For National Program Coordinator
- Master’s degree in any of the following discipline: Agriculture and related fields, Social and Management Sciences
- A minimum of 15 years post qualification working experience out of which at least five (5) years must be at senior management level in public/private sectors
- Meat has a working knowledge of Donor Funded projects.
- Good writing skills and Computer literacy
- Good Communication and Team building skills
How To Apply For National Program Coordinator Job In Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
Eligible individuals should forward their Expression of Interest (EOI) in 10 copies including one original and nine photocopies, properly sealed and boldly stated ‘Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Officers under FGN / IFAD-VCDP Project’ at the top right-hand cover of the envelopes.
Each envelope must contain a CV, application letter with a cover letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
C / O Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU),
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aininu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.
The application deadline is 4th May.