United Nations World Food Programme
National Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) NOB Job By United Nations World Food Programme
The vacant position of National Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) NOB is currently available by United Nations World Food Programme. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Programme Assistant – Partnerships SC5 Job By United Nations World Food Programme
- Programme Policy Officer (Home-Grown School Feeding) SC9 Job By United Nations World Food Programme
- Deputy Food Security Sector Coordinator Job By United Nations World Food Programme
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other fields relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in the English language is compulsory. Knowledge of Kanuri and Hausa is desirable
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that programme and policy objectives are achieved in full. They are usually involved in a wide variety of programme and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of considerable complexity. At this level job holders are expected to contribute to performance improvement.
National Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) NOB Purpose
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
- Responsible to support/supervise partnership program assistants;
- Actively participate and coordinate Technical Review Committees (TRCs) and Cooperating Partners Committees (CPC);
- Internal & external coordination; capacity building of staff and partners;
- External communication & CP meetings;
- Technical support on TRCs & CPCs; working closely with Damaturu Head of Programme in different operational matters related to partnership
- Accountable for the FLA management for all CPs/Govt partners at the Sub Office level.
- Accountable for Invoicing and reconciliation of the monthly invoices raised by all Cooperating Partners at the Sub-Office.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The contract is a Fixed Term Contract.
How To Apply For National Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) NOB Job
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the United Nations World Food Programme recruitment portal
- Create and verify your account.
- Log into your dashboard and fill the online application form.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is 6th July
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.