Main One Cable Company
NOC Support Engineer Job Vacancy At Main One Cable Company
A NOC Support Engineer job vacancy is currently available at Main One Cable Company. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers.
Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fibre optic networks, and data centre facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa.
Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
- Transmission Implementation Engineer (Core) Job At Main One Cable Company
- Transmission Implementation Engineer (Access) Job At Main One Cable Company
- Senior Project Manager & Planner Job At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- The NOC Support Engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems, perform first-line troubleshooting/fault isolation, resolve where necessary, and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes.
NOC Support Engineer Responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycles of operations
- Monitor MainOne’s network providing updates, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide first-line support on all faults on the MainOne network following the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using MainOne’s standard operating procedures
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as track escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met.
- B.Sc / HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fibre SDH and wireless network equipment
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of IP devices will be a plus
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Good Knowledge of Huawei OSN series equipment
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools/instruments
Demands of the Job
- This is a shift based role
- The successful hire could be required to travel to support other MainOne Operations in other regions in Africa and beyond.
How To Apply for NOC Support Engineer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Main One Cable Company recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline is 19th February.
To apply for this job please visit career.mainone.net.