International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Nutrition Officer Job Vacancy At the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA
A Nutrition Officer job vacancy is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
- Provide technical guidance to micro and small-scale processors at the household level on the processing of legumes and cereals and utilization.
- Conduct training for women on small ruminant (Goat) rearing including close supervision to ensure optimal animal health and efficient feed management.
- Participate in training of trainer’s workshops and community level demonstrations for households on the development, processing, and utilization of diverse and nutrient-dense crop products.
- Undertake Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) campaigns and counselling in Adamawa State, particularly in the seven-activity intervention LGAs of Yola South,
- Fufore, Demsa, Guyuk, Gombi, Song and Hong to reduce malnutrition among farming households.
- Work with nutrition liaison support staff in the seven activity LGAs to support
- the implementation of nutrition interventions, including homestead farming.
- Promote the preparation, utilization and consumption of diverse and nutrient-dense crops and promote them among smallholder farmers.
- Work with non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations to disseminate technologies on legumes processing and utilization of different location-specific crops.
- Work with Nutrition Focal Person (Adamawa state) to promote WASH-Nutrition-related activities and create linkages with community-based organizations, other USAID
- partners and women groups to disseminate WASH messages and practices.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and monitoring state activities on food and nutrition and contribute to drafting reports.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
BSc/HND in nutrition, Health Food science Technology, animal science or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience performing a similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have an excellent understanding of issues related to food and nutrition in the relevant states.
- Have experience working with communities to improve small ruminant and livestock management.
- Have the ability to work under minimal supervision and with tight deadlines.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
- Have the ability to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Have the ability to travel extensively within the relevant state and work long hours.
- Having the ability to communicate fluently in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage.
How To Apply For Nutrition Officer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 29th June 2022.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.