Save The Children
Office Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
The vacant position of Office Assistant is currently available in Save the Children Organization, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below stated criteria should proceed and apply.
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Nigeria Country Programme||GRADE 5|
|CONTRACT LENGTH: 8 Months||Reports to: HR & Administration|
|Staff reporting to this post: None||Employee Status: Fixed Term|
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Guest House, Office and provide needed office support.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Office Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Sweep and mop floors every day
- Clean and tidy the rooms occupied by guest every day
- Always keep the guest seating tidy and clean
- Perform laundry services to guest in the guest house once a week
- Dispose of dirt inside the wastebasket and dustbin daily
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
Dust furniture and scrub surface clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants every hour.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in the movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean, and dry
- Ensures no plates, cups, or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs.
- Sweep the compound and office surroundings once every week
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Wet-wipe window ledges.
- Assist with photocopying and scanning of documents as directed.
- Update stock bin cards as directed.
- Assist in photocopy and scan documents are required.
- Stay at the Front Desk to attend to visitors as directed.
- Report any damage or fault noticed within the premises or on furniture, equipment, and supplies to your Line Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedure
- Adhoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Ensure the Adikpo office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies ( consumables, stationaries, equipment
- Oversee the maintenance of the office premises and guesthouses, furniture, fittings, and all equipment in a fully functioning state.
- Ensure that meetings/workshop services provided to SC is efficient and effective
- Oversee the equipment and inventory following SC Global policies and Guidelines. This includes safety/security and maintenance of equipment.
- Community Mobilization Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
- Project Manager Education Job At Save The Children Organization
- Enumerators Job Recruitment At Save The Children
Requirements For Office Assistant Job In Save The Children Organization
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future-orientated thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members, and external partners, and supporters
- values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- Level of Education – Diploma, OND
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 – 3 years.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Good
- Use of Office equipment; desktop/laptop, scanner, etc. – Good
- Use of cleaning equipment and materials – Good
- Language Requirements – English – Good
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties following the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How To Apply
- Use the ‘Apply For Job’ link below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Save The Children application portal.
- On the portal, click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Create and verify an application account using your active email.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your account by providing the requested details accurately.
The application deadline is 30th April.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.