Office Management Assistant Job Recruitment At US Mission
Vacant position of Office Management Assistant is currently available in US Mission at Abuja, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: FP – 0120 8
Promotion Potential: FP-8
Salary: USD $34,021
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret
Appointment Type: Temporary
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FP is 08. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Dispatcher Job Recruitment At US Mission Abuja Nigeria
- USAID Administrative Management Assistant Job At US Mission
- Logistician Job Vacancy At US Mission Lagos Nigeria
The incumbent performs clerical and administrative duties as the Office Management Assistant (OMA) for the Regional Security Office (RSO) pertaining to a multitude of RSO administrative items, both classified and unclassified. The incumbent will need to work independently and possess strong communication skills as the incumbent will be in contact with many diverse individuals on a daily basis. Incumbent will require unescorted access to the Control Access Area (CAA) and a Secret security clearance for most posts, although a Top Secret clearance may be required in certain instances where Post requires it.
Requirements For Office Management Assistant Job
- EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of administrative experience which would include some of the following types of administrative duties: filing, scanning, scheduling appointments/meetings, maintaining calendars, ordering office supplies, making travel arrangements, and receiving telephone calls is required.
- Education: Completion of high school is required.
- Evaluations: This may be tested.
- LANGUAGE: luent Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How To Apply For Office Management Assistant In US Mission
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the US Mission recruitment portal.
- Create and verify your account.
- Log into the portal and complete your application.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Degree with transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office on 09-461-4000
The application deadline is 04/26/2021
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.