International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Officer, Finance Job Vacancy At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – IFRC
An Officer, Finance Job Vacancy is currently available at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Assistant, Programme (British Red Cross) Job At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – IFRC
- Technical back office manager (m / f / d) Job At Julius Berger
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network. Founded in 1919, the IFRC has 192 member Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies, a secretariat in Geneva and more than 60 delegations strategically located to support activities around the world.
The International Federation, the National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross together constitute the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Reporting To The Finance Delegate, The Finance Officer Will
- Ensure that the IFRC’s Maximum Financial Requirements are followed up.
- Assist and support the Finance Delegate in the financial management of the Abuja Country Cluster Delegation’s activities and operations
Officer, Finance Responsibilities
Support the Finance Delegate in the following duties;
- Overall accounting, financial management, internal controls and the budget management support
- Bank signatory changes – (Inclusion & Deletion)
- Month-end accountancy closure …. post to BOOKS ALL CODA documents and checks.
- Balance sheet management – Bank and cash on all operations within NG (Abuja Cluster)
- Balance sheet management – Staff work advances
- Balance sheet management – Prepayments and liabilities
- Treasury management
- External and Internal audits management
Regular Tasks And Responsibilities
- Daily cash movement and petty cash operations
- Complete cash control daily, keep records of cash movement during the day and prepare the Daily Cash Position Report after the cash office is closed, making sure that actual cash on hand is accounted for and all other receipts/invoices are intact.
- Ensures that all supporting documents for cash payments are complete with the necessary signatures and payments duly acknowledged.
- Reports immediately to his Supervisor all problems, discrepancies or wrongdoings
- Compute and record totals of the daily transactions, to be uploaded into the accounting software
- Plans and requests daily cash needs for payments from FD
- Makes payment to the operation’s staff (per diem and working advances), invoices or receipts for expenses duly approved by the person responsible
- Online bank payments initiation and ensure good quality of supporting documentation.
- Checking CODA INTRAY Abuja Cluster WANS (working advances from NS) and WAD (staff and delegate working advances) documents.
- Conduct reconciliation on Staff advances
- Book transactions into CODA INTRAY using relevant documents like OJF, FCAST, SOSC, ANY, EXPR etc
- Participate in the month-end activities through adjustment journals/entries viz,
- Support in following up with the working advance returns from Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, and Togo RC
- Receive and Review working advances return both from National Society and send feedback based on the review.
- Performing analysis for foreign exchanges from CHF to other currencies
- Payroll modification for delegates
- Support the delegation month-end closure of the financial books in close collaboration with the FD
- Maintain and ensure that all reports of income and expenditure of the IFRC and all programs at the operation’ areas are kept.
- Contribute to the timely financial reporting to the PMER and other departments and relevant stakeholders
- Providing support and capacity building to NSs
- Train the Finance Team in financial rules and procedures
- Conduct financial briefing and debriefing in the absence of the FD
- Relevant university degree in Finance, Accounting or Management
- Holder of a Certified Accounting degree with specialized training in the related field is an asset
- 3 years + experience in leading and managing Finance as an Accountant
- 3 years + professional experience working with a local or international non-governmental organization
- Experience in working with Audit firms and support for Organisation’s Audit exercises
- Very good leadership skills and confirmed financial management experience
- Experience of working with National Societies
- Basic leadership and management skills
- Strong experience in cash management showing rigorous controlling methods
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Self-supporting in computers – Very good computer skills and command of standard Microsoft Office tools
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Motivated self-starter personality, sense of responsibility and organization skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Flexibility and ability to travel in the operation’s areas
- Fluent in written and spoken English is required
- Knowledge of any other Federation working languages (French) is preferred
Competencies and Values
- National Society relations
- Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity
- Results focus and accountability
How To Apply
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) recruitment portal.
- Hit the ‘Apply Now button.
- Continue to create an account on the portal.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 19th November.
To apply for this job please visit www.ifrc.org.