Shell Petroleum Development Company
Offshore Construction Lead – Gas Job Vacancy At Shell Petroleum Development Company
An Offshore Construction Lead – Gas job vacancy is currently available at Shell Petroleum Development Company. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Project Manager – Oil & Gas Development Job At Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Lead – Platforms & Integration Job At Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Senior Commissioning and Start-Up Engineer Job At Shell Petroleum Development Company
As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Ref No: R60721
Where you fit in:
- Shell’s Projects and Technology (P&T) business supports the company’s operated and non-operated assets, safely improving performance and raising the bar of being a responsible operator. We use our technical, commercial, and digital skills to competitively optimize production and we replicate technologies across the portfolio.
- As Offshore Construction Lead – Gas Development, you will be a member of our SPDC Nigeria HI Gas Development Leadership Team and you will directly manage all Offshore Installation aspects of our HI project following the contractual and safety requirements, within the budgets allocated and within schedule.
Offshore Construction Lead – Gas Responsibilities
- In this role, manage the offshore construction aspects of Shell’s HI NAG Development that will develop gas and condensate in Shell’s HI field located in OML 144 in Nigeria’s Shallow Offshore Waters.
Your Further Accountabilities
- Primary responsibility for health, safety and welfare of offshore personnel.
- Overall responsibility for safe and efficient execution of work scope and ensuring its timely completion, within budget, following relevant legislation, contract and procedures.
- Maintain communications with Client’s Offshore Representative, vessel/installation management and onshore management.
- Conduct all project briefings with the Client’s Representative, vessel/installation Master / OIM, Dive Superintendent etc., to ensure all concerned understand the purpose of the operation and the proposed method of achieving its completion.
- Ensure all personnel involved in the offshore construction work are competent and qualified to carry out their appointed task and are familiarised and briefed following project requirements and onboard policies. May be involved with line Supervisors in the selection of respective crews.
- Ensure all personnel involved in the offshore construction work receive sufficient coaching and supervision to assist them in carrying out their appointed tasks safely and effectively. May request to change out any person who is repeatedly unable to carry out his role in the operation despite being given additional coaching and assistance. In all instances must provide a detailed written report regarding the individual’s deficiencies.
- Lead role in developing and executing a structural verification program.
- Lead role in supervision and training of the offshore construction verification staff (welding engineer, structural inspectors, piping inspectors, dimensional inspectors, NDT inspectors, coatings inspectors, E&I inspector).
- Interface focal point for construction, inspection, loadout and marine operation related issues and communications between Contractor, team members and other SPDC personnel.
- Lead role to develop and implement work instructions on verification inspection activities.
- Lead role in the review and approval of Contractor’s fabrication and erection plans and procedures.
- Support role in developing and leading role in implementing the Site HSE and Quality Plan.
- Lead role in the review and approval of Contractor’s and Subcontractor’s welding procedures. Support role in the review and approval of Contractor’s and Subcontractor’s inspection and test plans (ITP) and quality procedures.
- Lead role to ensure Contractor and Subcontractors have a sufficient number of competent qualified personnel.
- Support role to liaise with regulatory authorities.
- Lead role to ensure Contractor’s full understanding of design drawing and project specification requirements.
We’re keen to hear from Individuals who Graduated from any Engineering discipline and who are COREN registered with working knowledge of oil and gas facilities and Project engineering systems, tools and practices. Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Minimum of 15 years in engineering design and construction experience with at least 5 years in offshore construction lead position.
- Extensive Project management experience and skills – Minimum GPES Lv2, with a proven record of leading similar projects.
- Experience in Contract management.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Team player, acting as a champion to break new grounds, self-motivated starter.
- Can manage as required the relationship with key stakeholders to achieve projects’ objectives.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development and production of oil and gas.
- Proven track record of results delivery in challenging project environments.
- Capable of rigorously implementing and enforcing global standards, procedures and engineering work processes.
Skills and competencies such as:
- Skills in managing Strategic and Front-end Processes.
- Project Execution
- Resource & Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Project Control Processes
- Project Context
- Contracting and Procurement.
How To Apply For Offshore Construction Lead – Gas Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Shell Petroleum Development Company.
- Complete the online application form.
- The application deadline was not specified,
To apply for this job please visit shell.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.