World Bank Group
Operations Officer – Disruptive Technologies Job Vacancy At World Bank Group
An Operations Officer – Disruptive Technologies job vacancy is currently available at World Bank Group (WBG). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Senior Social Development Specialist Job At World Bank Group
- Environmental Specialist Job Vacancy At World Bank Group
- Driver Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
International Finance Corporation (IFC) a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries.
The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.
Job #: req13623
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Gender and Economic Inclusion at IFC
- The IFC Gender and Economic Inclusion Group address the private sector’s human capital challenges with a dedicated team that provides support across the corporation to increase deal flow and maximize development impact when it comes to gender, the base of the pyramid and other underserved groups such as people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTQI. We take an intersectional approach to diversity and inclusion.
- This will be achieved by developing research on the business case and by providing tailored operational solutions and building partnerships to create economic opportunities and development for all. To unlock macro-economic growth and private sector investment opportunities, the group will closely collaborate with the World Bank and IFC’s Upstream efforts.
- Focus areas of economic inclusion will include gender, the base of the pyramid (through Inclusive Business), LGBTQI, and persons with disabilities. This selection is based on IFC expertise, private sector demand for investments and advice in these areas and market opportunities
- This position will be based in Washington, DC, with the IFC’s Gender and Economic Inclusion Group (GEIG).
- The Disruptive Technology team, part of the Gender and Inclusive Economies Group, identifies how new and emerging technologies have the potential to drive development impact and business growth in emerging markets with a focus on women and other underserved populations, including disabled and LGBT communities and base of the pyramid populations.
- The team conducts research, provides tailored advisory services, and convenes public initiatives on core topic areas, supports knowledge management and capacity building across the WBG.
Operations Officer – Disruptive Technologies Responsibilities
- Contribute to research on disruptive technologies in emerging markets, including but not limited to scoping partners, conducting literature reviews, and composing and editing reports
- Conduct partner and client management, including developing concept notes and implementation plans and donor reporting; maintain updated project management for complex global projects
- Draft client deliverables that include analysis, training materials, best practice guides, standards, and papers or presentations containing recommendations to improve client performance
- Collect and analyze client and market data and contribute to the design of solutions that will create markets, reform sectors, and improve firm performance
- Support knowledge management through the development of talking points, case studies, presentations and other materials to capture the connection between inclusive technologies, development impact, and private sector growth
- Lead public events and internal learning sessions focused on inclusive technology, including managing speaker outreach and developing relevant communications materials
- The Officer will also undertake other related tasks as requested by the Team Lead.
- The Disruptive Technology Officer reports to the Disruptive Technology Lead, Gender and Economic Inclusion, and will work closely with other members of the team, as well as counterparts in and outside the WBG.
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Technical knowledge of disruptive technologies in emerging markets
- Experience collaborating with high-level public or private sector stakeholders on sensitive or confidential topics
- Ability to manage fast-moving projects while maintaining strong attention to do detail, with knowledge of the World Bank/IFC project management systems.
- Superlative writing and editing skills, ability to adapt to a wide variety of styles.
- Data analysis skills.
- English language fluency and proficiency in another widely spoken language.
World Bank Group Core Competencies:
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Required Language(s): English, French.
How To Apply For Operations Officer – Disruptive Technologies Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the World Bank Group recruitment portal.
- Create a profile on the portal.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- The application deadline is 17th November at 11:59 pm UTC.
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.