Grand Cereals Limited (GCL)
Packing Operator, BFC – Cereal Mill Job Vacancy At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
A Packing Operator, BFC – Cereal Mill job vacancy is currently available at Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Roller Operator Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Screen Room Operator Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Refining / Packaging Coordinator Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials, with leading brands in the Cereals, Vegetable Oil and Animal Feed categories.
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for packing of products in the right packaging materials and of the right weight and reporting accurately for accountability.
- Ensures weighing equipment is calibrated regularly.
Packing Operator, BFC – Cereal Mill Responsibilities
Production & Packaging:
- Ensure packaged products meet the desired specification.
- Ensures accurate weighment of packed products.
- Ensure the right packaging materials are used.
- Monitoring of packaging material used for accountability and to minimize variances.
- Regular inspection of operational equipment to ensure they are in good condition.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operation maintenance of packing equipment (AFFS Machine, Coding Machine, Nitrogen generator, etc.).
- Ensure regular calibration of weighing equipment
- Report any identified anomaly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Support technical maintenance.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Ensure weight verification of packed products is done hourly and records are kept.
- Ensure the right coding is applied during packing.
- Ensure correct handling of products at the parking area.
- Ensure Nitrogen purity is ≥99% before packing commences.
- Always ensure good housekeeping of the packing area.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Participate in safety and 5S audits and follow through on the closeout of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Report unsafe conditions, near miss and unsafe acts and encourage others to do the same using the Safety Observation Cards, and inform the Supervisor.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Train and guide new employees and OSPs in your team on the job.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that packing line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.)
- Minimum of OND in Engineering or Sciences.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Teamwork/Team Player
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail; quality consciousness
- Safety consciousness
How To Apply For Packing Operator, BFC – Cereal Mill Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload your resume and send your application.
- The application deadline is 24th November.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit grandcereals.com.