Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC)
Presiding Officer (PO) Recruitment 2021 For Adhoc At LASIEC
The vacant position of Presiding Officer (PO) Adhoc job is currently available at Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC). Interested individuals who possess the below stated criteria should proceed and apply.
The Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission, according to the provisions of section 5 (a) – (i) of LASIEC Law No. 18, 2008 empowers the commission to organize, undertake and supervise all elections to Local Government Areas and Local Council Development Areas within the state.
LASIEC is currently recruiting for individuals who will work in the forthcoming Lagos State Local Government election as Presiding Officer (PO) with the following responsibilities:
- He/she is in charge of all activities at the Polling Unit on Election Day including Polling, Sorting, and Counting of votes as well as the announcement of election result (s).
- Takes delivery of and inspects all materials and equipment for election from the Supervisory Presiding Officer and ensures their security, particularly the sensitive materials, such as ballot papers and result forms;
- Must be at the Polling Unit early (at least one hour before the official commencement of polling) to set up the Polling Unit;
- Coordinates activities in the voting points under his supervision;
- Conducts voter education ahead of polling.
- Issues ballot paper(s) to voters and ensures that voters deposit thumb-printed ballot paper (s) into the appropriate ballot box.
- Returns all election materials, other than the Result Sheets and Card Reader, to the SPO for delivery to the EO after elections.
- Delivers the completed Result Sheets and Card Reader to the Registration Area Collation Officer (RACO)
- Reports any security incident to the Security Agents at the Polling Unit and, where necessary, invites the Police or Security Agents to maintain order, keep the peace or arrest any person committing an offense;
- Documents adverse incidents, using incident report form and informs the appropriate authority and persons;
- Responds to calls from EOSC for periodic updates of the progress and reports of the elections threats.
- Collation Officer (CO) Adhoc Job At LASIEC
- Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) Job At LASIEC
- Poll Clerk (PC) Recruitment For Adhoc At LASIEC
- Applicants must be Nigeria Citizens.
- NCE, HND, BSC, BA, and their equivalents are required.
- A valid means of identification must be presented.
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin Signed by the Chairman! Secretary of his/her Local Government. A Certificate of endorsement by Liaison Officers is not acceptable;
- Be computer literate;
- Be Certified by Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the Commission;
How To Apply For Presiding Officer (PO) Recruitment At LASIEC
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online LASIEC Adhoc Employment Form accurately and choose Presiding Officer (PO) as the post applied for.
- Upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents requested on the portal.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit lasiec.gov.ng.