International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Procurement Assistant Job Vacancy At the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA
A Procurement Assistant job vacancy is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
- Participate in a market survey on fast-moving items every week
- Assist in procuring materials and items on cash as per the instruction of back of house Manager
- Preparing weekly report of outstanding purchase orders (Partial deliveries, non-deliveries, and GIT
- Ensure that invoices of all-cash purchases are quickly submitted daily for preparation of imprest journal for processing and prompt reimbursement by the Finance unit
- Liaise with Supply chain unit on outstanding purchase orders both locally and overseas orders to reduce encumbrances.
- Assist in raising local purchase orders for imprest purchases and other deliveries to the unit
- Follow up with suppliers in ensuring prompt deliveries of items required for the day-to-day running of the unit.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Back of House Manager or supervisors.
National Diploma in a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of experience performing a similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision, trustworthiness and commitment to work during weekends and holidays when needed.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply For Procurement Assistant Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 29th June 2022.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.