West African Health Organization (WAHO)
Procurement Officer Job Vacancy At West African Health Organization (WAHO)
A Procurement Officer job vacancy is currently available at West African Health Organization (WAHO). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
WAHO undertook measures to combat Malaria, malnutrition, HIV/AIDS, maternal and infant mortality; prevention of blindness actions for easy access to medicines and vaccines, epidemiological surveillance as well as training and health information management.
These health problems have remained in the sub-region, despite the significant results achieved. In consideration of the challenges to be tackled, vis-Ã -vis its mission, vision, goal and the priorities expressed by the Member States, in the Second Strategic Plan, WAHO intends to pursue the fight against the aforementioned diseases as well as non-communicable diseases by addressing the following strategic orientations: a) Support for quality improvement of the health systems of the sub-region; b) Support for health services improvement in the sub-region; c) Support for development of sustainable financing of health; d) Institutional development of WAHO.
- Program Officer, Research Applications – Academic Institutions Job At West African Health Organization (WAHO)
- Programme Officer, Healthcare Standards and Quality Job At West African Health Organization (WAHO)
- Program Officer, Nursing and Midwifery Job At West African Health Organization (WAHO)
Procurement Officer Job Overview
- Under the supervision of the Administration & Human Resources, the Procurement Officer has the responsibility to manage the routine procurement activities of the organisation from the preparation of tender requests, the opening of bids, the establishment of purchase orders and monitoring the delivery of goods, works and services.
Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Prepare a comprehensive Annual Procurement Plan for WAHO.
- Ensure the execution of the procurement activities according to the approved Procurement Plan.
- Prepare bidding documents, contracts, terms of reference, purchase orders, suppliers’ bills and other procurement documents.
- Ensure that requisitions are proactively identified and met.
- Keep track of the status of each procurement process– from request to delivery or receipt by the requester – ensuring that priorities are met.
- In liaison with Finance, ensure timely funding, and/or resolution of any funding issues concerning procurement activities.
- Develop a detailed level of material knowledge for designated ranges of products within allocated groups of products/materials.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions, including source lists, price, availability and competitiveness and ensure that costs are fair and reasonable before approving any purchase.
- Check specifications for goods and Terms of reference for services ensuring compliance with set standards, regulations, procedures and process requisition following ECOWAS and donor policies and procedures for Goods, where applicable.
- Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specifications on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements.
- Analyze all requisition documentation for proper material descriptions, budget authorization and cost centre conformity.
- Prepare periodic, quarterly, annual procurement reports covering service ordering, order tracking, purchase orders and contracts, service order delivery scheduling and costs.
- Establish a performance monitoring database for all suppliers and consultants, and ensure efficiency and timeliness in the delivery of outputs from services providers.
- Establish and maintain a central procurement filing system, and ensure all related documents are included in the respective files, to ensure ease of retrieval of information.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or Finance or a related field from a recognized university.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive relevant experience in any of these areas Administration, Procurement, Financial Management, Procurement Tender Code and demonstrated professional competence and mastery of subject matter policies and procedures; demonstrated ability to provide technical advice on a broad range of procurement areas. years of progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or a related area; experience working in a finance unit in an International Organization, NGO or Multilateral Aid Agencies etc; experience working with financial processes of pooled funds;
- Knowledge of procurement policies, processes and procedures and of purchasing and accounting techniques; good judgement and knowledge of financial rules and regulations; ability to research and gather information from a variety of sources;
- Ability to research, collect, record, and preserve all relevant internal control measures and information (including electronic format) ensuring that a comprehensive information chain is established and maintained;
- Knowledge of all operational processes to identify and evaluate weaknesses in surveillance controls; ability to strengthen processes to actively mitigate/eliminate potential for non-compliance and breach of ethics; ability to create pattern analysis and statistical models of processes and controls to detect anomalies/weaknesses.
ECOWAS Key Competencies
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instil a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect the chain of command appropriately;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance;
- Contribute to maintaining the organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
P3-03-01 Client Service Orientation:
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Proven experience in the management of Health Information system
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need mitigates issues and carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters of assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards
- Knowledge in database development and management. DHIS2 knowledge will be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge in health information analysis tools.
- Excellent management capacity, including networking and alliance building.
- Ability to work within a multinational environment and with a diverse range of people and organisations at the national, regional and global levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting, group facilitation and good interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge of new developments in own occupation/profession.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
P3-04-01 Multicultural Sensitivity and Advocacy:
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbiased and transparent manner.
P3-05-01 Knowledge of ECOWAS:
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states’ development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/programme assigned to own position.
P3-06-01 Analytical and Critical Thinking:
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means,
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
P3-08-01 Planning and Implementation:
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- Ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
- Must be a citizen of an ECOWAS Member State.
- Must not be more than 50 years of age at the time of recruitment. This does not apply to internal candidates.
How To Apply For Procurement Officer Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications which must include the below to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 9th April 2022.