Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Professional Practice Manager Job Vacancy At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
A Professional Practice Manager job vacancy is currently available at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Manager, Abuja Liaison Office Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Senior Manager (Professional Practice) Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Library Manager Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:
(i) determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
(ii) secure following the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
(iii) perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act. As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). In fulfilling its mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
- The position reports to the Head of Department and assists in effective planning and management of the practice monitoring processes, procedures and activities.
Professional Practice Manager Responsibilities
- Organizes and participates in regular practice review of audit firms and ensures that firms’ data are up-to-date;
- Regularly reviews and updates the Institute’s Statements of Membership Obligations (SMOs) and Dashboard Report (DBR);
- Coordinates mentoring programmes for the Small Medium-sized Practices (SMPs) as well as initiatives to merge their practices;
- Coordinates the Institute’s International Desk, Help Desk and Help Portal;
- Oversees the processes and procedures involved in the issue and renewal of practice licence to members; seal and repair of damaged ones; the application and documentation of attachment of members in audit firms and; change of firm’s name.
- Conducts unannounced due diligence on firms on regular basis for verification and practice validation as may be required from time to time.
- Organizes meetings and prepares minutes of both Professional Practice Committee (PPC) and SMP Committee as well as draft report on recommendations to the Council;
- Monitors the websites of affiliated international organizations and the likes for recent developments in the industry.
- Organizes sensitization sessions for Big and SMPs firms on the new changes in the Institutional practice policies and regulations either physically or virtually.
Skills / Competencies:
- This role requires strong knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodology, ability to evaluate and interpret financial statements with a sound financial management capability.
- The ideal candidate must be innovative, inquisitive and research-inclined with a good understanding of the global economy and key development imperatives.
- The role also requires strong communication and analytical skills, confidence, integrity and demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse groups of people both within and outside the Institute.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management
- Qualified member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Of Nigeria (ICAN)
- A Master’s Degree in relevant fields is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-professional qualification experience
- Practical and Specialist knowledge in any of the following specified areas:
- Financial Reporting and Auditing
- Management Accounting & Strategy
- Tax and Laws
- Excellent understanding of Practical Audit Practice in both Internal and External perspective
- Strong understanding and experience of Practice Review in line with the new ISQM 1 and other International Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reporting and Escalating to relevant Stakeholders, areas of non-compliance identified during the review.
- Ability to multi-task with little or no supervision and provide quality deliverables with respect to deadlines.
How To Apply For Professional Practice Manager
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 17th November.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.