Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
Program Officer Job Vacancy At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
A Program Officer job vacancy is currently available at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Laboratory Specialist (Technical Lead) Job At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- Global Fund (GF) Grant Manager Job At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- Machine Operator, Driver and Cleaner Job At Onyx Investment Advisory Limited
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection, and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance.
- The Program Officer will work directly with the implementing units/departments in the assigned thematic areas to deliver on key project objectives of the GF grant.
- He/she will support the implementation of the GF C19RM project, coordination and arrangement of planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program counterparts to ensure that activities are implemented in line with GF policies and procedures to the highest possible standards.
Duties of the Program Officer
- Provide day-to-day support in program planning, design, and monitoring of the implementation of all components of the GF C19RM grant and liaise with NCDC implementing department/unit to submit monthly/quarterly state progress reports to the NCDC GF C19RM grant Coordinator.
- Assist in data collection, collation, validation and reporting according to GF M&E plan, ensuring key performance indicators are met in line with GF C19RM assessment tools.
- Support project documentation including data gathering, recording, and reporting of information on the grant management process.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned
- Support PMU for upcoming meetings, events and other calendar commitments
- Maintain excellent quality and resolve errors while copying documents and performing other tasks such as transcription and conversion work, scanning documents
- Arrange, organise meetings and workshops, take good minutes and records of meetings including dissemination of minutes and reports
- Carry out proper documentation and filing of all the Project documents, in consultation /coordination with specialists/experts serving in the GF Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Develop and implement an effective administrative plan based on project thematic areas, activities, training, and meetings.
- Maintain electronic data files and hard copies of reports, etc.
- File, record, recover, archive, scan and maintain documents and database systems
- Handle correspondence, preparation of presentations and budgets and varied documents. Ensure secrecy in managing confidential documents and manage document recovery
- Ensure agreement of documents and corporate records with legal, financial, regulatory requirements and Global Fund guidelines
- Arrange PMU travel, create detailed travel itineraries and process resulting expenses reports
- Structure and edit reports for internal and external communication platforms (e.g. NCDC website, newsletter, etc)
- Write stories on innovation and engagement of the NCDC GF team on the NCDC intranet and website, social media and other channels as appropriate
- Assist in the development of dissemination of learning material across and beyond the organization
- Develop presentations and pitch decks on priority initiatives within the team’s thematic portfolio, for internal stakeholders as well as external partnerships
- Carry out basic research on selected themes to inform the strategic development of the team’s initiatives, as well as more in-depth research and analysis on one or more selected theme(s)
- Develop and maintain the GF PMU’s document repository
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, Public Health or Business Administration.
- Master’s Degree in Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field with at least 5 years of relevant experience working with INGOs
- 3 – 5 years of work experience as a project officer/ coordinator.
- The candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors.
- Experience in financial and program management.
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience.
- Experience working in multi-cultural/national teams.
- Work experience with and knowledge of Global Fund processes is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and proficiency are required.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher).
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub-national teams, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
Values and Ethics:
The candidate should have a high level of:
- Integrity, Accountability, Resilience, Transparency, Punctuality, and Team spirit.
How To Apply For Program Officer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 30th June 2022.
To apply for this job please visit career.ncdc.gov.ng.