Program Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego
A Program Officer job vacancy is currently available at Jhpiego. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- RMNCH Senior Technical Advisor Job Vacancy At Jhpiego
- Knowledge Management / Training Advisor Job At Jhpiego
- Strategic Information Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Job Vacancy At Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The Program Officer will support the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) Quality of Care (QoC) project being implemented at the national and state level.
- This includes assisting with the development of work plans, liaising with FMOH, NPHCDA and SMoH/SPHCDA staff, other partners and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
Program Officer Responsibilities
- Lead program coordination and monitor implementation at the national and state level
- Development, implementation and monitoring of work plans and budgets.
- Coordinate technical assistance for program implementation
- Assist the technical staff in the design implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities.
- Write reports, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant reports as required.
- Work closely with technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs and monitor overall project level spending.
- Assist in the development of new program approaches that are linked to related services
- Work with MCGL QoC project consultants to implement training, services and programs
- Maintain partnerships on behalf of MCGL QoC project with FMOH, NPHCDA, WHO, UNICEF, CHAI, UNFPA, USAID IPs, members of the QoC TWG, MCGL QoC consortium partners (Save the Children & IHI), donors, and other partners.
- Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Sociology, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/RMNCH programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in RMNCH and Quality of Care program implementation
- Experience in RMNCH and quality of care programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government-level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication and development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently across the states in Nigeria.
- References will be required.
How To Apply For Program Officer Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Infographics Officer” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st November.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org