Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Program Officer – Media Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
A Program Officer – Media job vacancy is currently available at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Radio Program Production Consultant Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Program Officer – Social Mobilization Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media) Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
The Program Officer – Media assists the Senior Program Officer – Media in developing and implementing innovative media-based Social and Behavior Change Communications strategies for BA Nigeria. S/he will work with media partners to develop content for SBCC content for all health areas being implemented by the project.
Program Officer – Media Responsibilities
- Lead the development of media content (radio and TV) according to needs of programmatic units, including working with production agencies, coordinating outsourced production work to consultants or performing recording and production independently.
- Lead or support the scriptwriting process for media content in coordination with BA-N programmatic units.
- Provide technical and editorial support to media content producers in BA-N broadcast stations;
- Build the capacity of content producers in BA-N project states to become script to screen producers;
- Work closely with the M&E team to ensure outputs are relevant to the information needs of the participating audience;
- Maintain and manage relationships with all internal and external media/project stakeholders;
- Keeping good records of all BA-N’s media contents and their broadcast status.
- Work closely with the Programme Officer 2-Documentation and Knowledge Management to ensure project successes are well captured and documented;
- Other duties as assigned by the SPO – Media.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of HND/Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Media Studies or similar Arts or Social Sciences fields.
- Previous experience of producing radio or TV content for development
- Good understanding of audience research and application of research findings;
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with donor-funded projects in related tasks
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Radio and TV production skills, report writing skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and media software and applications e.g. Adobe Audition and Premiere Pro
How To Apply for Program Officer – Media Job
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to email@example.com The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja’.
The application deadline is 16th March 2022.