Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Program Officer – Social and Behaviour Change Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
A Program Officer – Social and Behaviour Change job vacancy is currently available at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Social and Behaviour Change Officer Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Program Officer – Media Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Radio Program Production Consultant Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
The SBC Officer will be responsible for ensuring mass and mid media plans are implemented at the state level and are integrated with community mobilization plans. S/he will work closely with the State Coordinator, Social Mobilization Officer (SMO) and other states’ thematic area program officers to ensure an integrated approach to messaging.
Program Officer – Social and Behaviour Change Responsibilities
- Liaise with broadcasters in the state to ensure broadcast compliance of BA-Nigeria spots; inform the national office immediately if a broadcaster deviates from the agreed plan.
- Maintain weekly and monthly monitoring reports of all BA-N spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in the state.
- Work with producers/broadcasters to keep track of locally produced content, including archiving of BA supported mass and mid media content.
- Provide ongoing technical support to local producers/broadcasters to ensure high-quality content development and delivery.
- Identify new media opportunities for BA-N in the state.
- Contribute to the media planning process by guiding channel selection.
- Support media pretesting activities at the state level.
- Coordinate mass and mid media activities related to the community mobilization approaches and MNCH Campaigns in collaboration with the relevant state program officers to ensure alignment as appropriate.
- Provide support to programmatic research and knowledge management processes such as success story documentation, human-centred Design and Behavior Economics at the state level.
- Represent Breakthrough ACTION at ACSM Subcommittee meetings and similar partner forums as required.
- Other duties as identified by his/her supervisor.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of an HND/Bachelor’s degree in arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- 5 years experience working with donor-funded projects related to radio/TV production
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
How To Apply for Program Officer – Social and Behaviour Change Job
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja’.
The application deadline is 16th March 2022.