Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Program Officer – Social Mobilization Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
A Program Officer – Social Mobilization job vacancy is currently available at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Radio Program Production Consultant Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media) Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Ebonyi State Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy, Situation Analysis and Strategic Plan Consultant Job At Banyan Global
The Program Officer – Social Mobilization Officer will provide technical support to the state project team in the process of planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of social and community mobilization activities.
S/he is expected to work in close collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, LGA Supervisors, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees, and the State BA-N Team to plan, organize, conduct, report and follow-up social and community mobilization activities related to Malaria.
The incumbent will maintain regular communication with the State Coordinator, BA-Nigeria Technical Leads and BA-Nigeria Deputy Project Director – Malaria.
Program Officer – Social Mobilization Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, LGA Supervisors, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees
- Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of prompt care-seeking for fever, testing before treatment and adherence to treatment guidelines.
- Organize meetings with religious, traditional and community leaders, village heads, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness on prompt care-seeking for fever.
- Support training and supervision of Community Mobilizers and other social/community mobilization agents working under the BA-N malaria project or implementing government-led initiatives.
- Support the BA-N M&E Officer and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/community mobilization data as required
- Collaborate with State Coordinator and State M&E Officers to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities
- Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Carry out other tasks to support BA-N Malaria project efforts as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- HND or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years work experience in advocacy, social and/or community mobilization in malaria or any other public health disease area.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at State and LGA levels
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the State of assignment, and ability to communicate fluently in the commonly spoken local language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and strong communication in the local dialect.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
How To Apply for Program Officer – Social Mobilization Job
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to email@example.com The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja’.
The application deadline is 16th March 2022.