UN World Food Programme
Programme Associate (Cash Based Transfer) SC6 Damaturu × 2 Openings (144630) Job At UN World Food Programme
Programme Associate (Cash Based Transfer) SC6 Damaturu × 2 Openings (144630) job vacancy is currently available at UN World Food Programme. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are looking for Programme Associate (Cash Based Transfer) SC6 Damaturu × 2 Openings (144630) to perform specialized and/or standardized processes and activities under the Food Assistance delivery portfolio. The incumbent will operate under the direct supervision of the National Officer overseeing Activity 1.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). Job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems daily. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
- Logistics Associate Geographic Information Systems & Information Management(GIS & IM) SC7, Maiduguri (144742) Job At UN World Food Programme
- Logistics Officer (CBT Retailer Management) NOA Damaturu (144361) Job At UN World Food Programme
- Logistics Assistant (Transport Operations) SC5 Damaturu (144342) Job At UN World Food Programme
Programme Associate (Cash Based Transfer) SC6 Damaturu × 2 Openings (144630) Key Responsibilities
- Perform specialized processes and activities relating to the food assistance provided to a vulnerable population, in line with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- With support from Activity 1 lead, research, set up and implement the cash and voucher-based programme including operational arrangements.
- Provide Onsight support for the implementation of cash and voucher intervention including operational issues, awareness-raising on program objectives and procedures, interaction with Cooperating Partners.
- Ensure that voucher and cash programme remains compliant with all WFP policies and procedures,
- In cooperation with Activity 1 lead, recommend ways to refine the programme and thereby improve the service offered to beneficiaries and facilitate implementation by WFP,
- Identify lessons learnt and best practices established for use in further WFP cash & food programme interventions
- Provide project support for cash-based transfer following established emergency response targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports relevant to the cash and voucher assistance to support planning and decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data related to the implementation of cash and voucher assistance activities, following corporate emergency programming guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing cash and voucher assistance activities with guidance from the activity lead.
- Support communication and collaboration with internal emergency food assistance stakeholders with guidance from the activity lead.
- Act as a point for documentation and resolution of complaints relating to cash and voucher assistance.
- Others as required.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high-quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government||Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.|
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in an area relevant to emergency programming/food assistance.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English language. Understanding Hausa or any other local language will be good.
Has Supported voucher/cash assistance distribution planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with WFP’s mandate, Country Strategic Planning process, intervention modalities, programme and project lifecycle tools, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation desirable.
- Basic understanding of technical and theoretical concepts pertinent to food assistance;
- Strong knowledge of key State and Local government contexts and issues;
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Ability to produce high-quality written outputs in the working language.
- Understanding of basic principles of stakeholder engagement with government and other counterparts at the national or local level.
- Appetite for exploring and experimenting with new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to work independently in a timely and organised manner;
- Ability to work as part of a team, participating in open dialogues and valuing diverse opinions of others, regardless of gender, culture, background, experience, or country assignment.
- Moderate to proficient computer literary familiarity with WFP monitoring and evaluation Processes.
- Familiarity with WFP Food assistance processes, and respective targets – particularly SDG2 and SDG17 – and how the work of WFP can contribute to achieving them;
- Has undertaken data analysis.
- Facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. supply chain, nutrition, VAM, protection etc.).
- Has contributed to the implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with training, field support, report writing and documentation of meetings.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals are or candidates who have valid Nigerian residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- The contract is 12 months on a Fixed Term level, with the possibility of renewal.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
How To Apply For Programme Associate (Cash Based Transfer) SC6 Damaturu × 2 Openings (144630) Job
- Follow the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the UN World Food Programme recruitment portal.
- Create and verify an account on the portal.
- Complete the online application form accurately.
- Upload the appropriate document.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for further processes.
- The application deadline is 9th August.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.