Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Programmer / Software Engineer Job Vacancy At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Programmer / Software Engineer job vacancy is currently available at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Database Engineer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Systems / Business Analyst Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Network Engineer (CCIE) Job Vacancy At Access Bank Plc
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:
(i) determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
(ii) secure following the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
(iii) perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act. As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). In fulfilling its mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
Programmer / Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objectives, input data, and output requirements with analysts, supervisors, and users.
- Arranges project requirements in a programming sequence by analyzing requirements.
- Preparing a workflow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting workflow information into computer language.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares references for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Experience developing desktop/web and mobile applications.
- Familiarity with common stacks.
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. PHP, Python, Java and or C# are added advantage).
- Familiarity with DBMS technology (e.g. SQL) and caching mechanisms such as Redis, Memcached and Varnish.
- Familiarity with web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache).
- Good knowledge of cloud server services (e.g Azure).
- Good knowledge of GIT repository management.
- Knowledge of the Agile / Scrum process, language and ceremonies is a plus.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 17th November.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.