Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv)
Project Coordinator Job Vacancy At Federal Ministry of Environment
There is currently a vacant position of Project Coordinator in the Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv) at Abuja, Nigeria so interested individuals are invited to submit applications but must possess all the below-listed requirements before declaring an interest.
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Department of Climate Change in the Federal Ministry of Environment, submitted a Readiness Proposal to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for a project to build capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process in Nigeria. The Proposal has been approved with the UN Environment as the Delivery Partner for the project, with the role of supporting and overseeing the project implementation.
The project entitled “Strengthening Nigeria’s Capacity to Advance the NAP Process” will be implemented by a small project team headed by a National Coordinator. The new NAP project will support multi-sectoral, medium- to long-term adaptation planning and budgeting in Nigeria and promote the integration of climate change adaptation aspects into development planning processes and policies. Systems for developing and sharing climate risk and vulnerability information will be reinforced, and sustainable financing mechanisms for climate change adaptation initiatives are set to be developed.
The Paris Agreement (2015) in its global goal on adaptation (Article 7) brought new elements and dimensions to the climate change adaptation. Namely, enhancing adaptive capacity, strengthening resilience, and reducing vulnerability to climate change. to contribute to sustainable development and ensure an adequate adaptation response in the context of the global temperature limit of less than 2°C. The UNFCCC’s Least Developed Expert Group (LEG) on adaptation released Guidelines for National Adaptation Plans (December 2012). Furthermore, the Green Climate Fund (GCF) has issued guidance on adaptation planning approaches.
- Finance Officer Job At Federal Ministry of Environment
- Administrative Assistant Job At Federal Ministry of Environment
Project Coordinator Job Description
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of the program at a national level and across provinces, including coordinating the delivery of activities and outputs (such as workshops, studies, and publications);
- Ensure that project activity and results are delivered per the required quality, standards, and specified time and cost constraints;
- Develop TORs and assist in the identification, selection, and recruitment procurement of consultants or other service providers;
- Supervise and manage the work and deliverables of national and international consultants, as well as other service providers and partners;
- Supervise the Administrative and Finance Officer to ensure that financial, procurement, and human resource processes are managed in line with Funding Proposal and Project Cooperation Agreement provisions and that records of project documents and assets I equipment lists, including financial and procurement documents, are maintained following audit requirements;
- Ensure the timely preparation of annual and semi-annual work plans, procurement plans, and budgets for approval by the Project National Director and Project Steering Committee (PSC), with the prior endorsement of the GCF Focal Point and the UN Environment Task Manager;
- Regularly monitor and report on project performance and delivery to the Project National Director, GCF Focal Point, and the UN Environment Task Manager, including progress. achievements, challenges encountered and proposed corrective actions;
- Prepare bi-annual project Interim Progress Reports for the GCF;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of budget revisions, financial reports (including quarterly expense reports), and cash advance requests;
- Serve as Secretary to the Project Steering Committee, organize biannual PSC meetings, and ensure the timely preparation of meeting documentation (including progress reports) and meeting minutes;
- Identify and resolve logistical and organizational issues under the guidance of the Project National Director, the GCF Focal Point, and the UN Environment Task Manager; and
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the GCF Focal Point in line with the GCF NAP Project.
- A Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 7 years of professional experience.
- Analytical skills, initiative, sound judgment, results-oriented, and efficiency in a multitasking environment.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, networking attitude, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in complex situations
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and organize the workflow efficiently.
- Willingness to travel around the country to coordinate, attend and monitor project activities
- Full working knowledge of English, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Very good computer skills and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English.
How To Apply For Project Coordinator Job In Federal Ministry of Environment
Suitably qualified individuals should forward their Applications alongside with Cover Letter stating reasons for being the most suitable candidate for this position, plus other relevant credentials to:
The Office of the Director,
Department of Climate Change,
Plot 444 Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
The application deadline is7th May.