Project Driver Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
A Project Driver job opening is currently available at Jhpiego Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization that works in conjunction with national governments, health experts as well as local communities to create and delivers transformative health care solutions that save lives.
We are recruiting for a Project Driver position who possesses all the criteria listed below:
- The Project Driver will work closely with Logistics Assistant and State Admin Officer both at the Country Office and State office respectively to ensure that vehicles are properly used and used in line with JHPIEGO’s Fleet Policy.
- He will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of JHPIEGO staff, assets and other goods.
- Senior Finance Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Senior Technical Officer – HTS Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- State Team Lead Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
Project Driver Responsibilities
Vehicle Fleet Management
- Coordinate with Country Office Logistics Assistant and State Office Admin and make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the JHPIEGO’s vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that vehicle requests are well attended to.
- Responsible for ensuring that JHPIEGO vehicles are clean at all times
- Responsible for using all vehicle management tools like logsheet, vehicle checklist to monitor the usage, behaviour and maintenance of the vehicle.
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff travelling in JHPIEGO vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all internal vehicle request forms
- Receives all requests for transportation for trips.
- Coordinate with Logistics Assistant/State Admin and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Coordinate with Logistics Assistance and State Admin Officer to ensure Maintenance of a folder of Vehicle Log Books for audit purposes.
Vehicle Fleet Maintenance / Repairs
- Be involved in the proper diagnosis of vehicle faults and recommend repairs.
- Responsible for ensuring that procurement procedures /documentation are completed before vehicles are released for repairs by workshops
- Constantly Monitor and provide feedback on the quality of service of outside garages used by JHPIEGO
- Drive JHPIEGO vehicles when requested
- Relevant Diploma, SSCE, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good negotiation skills
- Proficiency in use of computer and vehicle software
- Ability to travel at least 25% of work time.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a similar position in the INGO sector
- Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Defensive Driving experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How To Apply For The Project Driver Job
Eligible candidates should forward their updated CV to email@example.com using “Project Driver” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st September.