Action Against Hunger
Project Manager – ECHO Job Vacancy At Action Against Hunger
The vacant position of Project Manager – ECHO is currently available in Action Against Hunger, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below-stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Project Manager to lead the implementation of ECHO funded project and ensure successful completion of the Project throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination, and contractual requirements. The Project Manager will be based in Damasak /Mobar LGA depending on the security situation and with travels to Maiduguri and other field locations as deemed necessary.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent team management and project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Deputy Head of MEAL Department Job At Action Against Hunger
- Grants and Compliance Manager Job Vacancy At Action Against Hunger
Project Manager – ECHO Responsibilities/Duties
- Work closely with the Area Coordinator for the collection and dissemination of various contributions from the Project Managers, review and validation by Abuja technical team, dissemination and filing of the validated report;
- Timely compilation and submission of reports (internal and external) ensuring coherence and accuracy (Biweekly, APRs, quarterly, interim, and/or final report);
- Maintain hard and soft files of AAH Nigeria grant portfolio documents (from inception to closure);
- Play a key role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings preparation and implementation, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings which include representation from each unit (Admin, programs, logistics, security, and M&E), compile action points, and ensure proper follow up of issues raised;
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as the detailed implementation tool, M&E plan, PFU, and BFU amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles;
- Support in Projects implementation, developments; including making inputs in the area of risk management, quality of implementation, analysis of challenges faced during implementation, and working with various program teams and key stakeholders to resolve problems in a timely, cost-efficient, and effective manner;
- In coordination with the Head of Grants and Compliance and Deputy Head of Grants and Compliance, monitor implementation of programs ensuring they are following donor and AAH internal requirements. Must develop an extensive understanding of donor rules for a project under implementation and guide project manager in the reading of the relevant donor rules;
- To act as an information resource on Borno. In connection with the Area Coordinator, be able to provide informative and varied articles from several sources regarding the current political, socio-economic, security situation in the country. Build a dedicated file to centralize all relevant information on Borno context evolution and development (including Gov and LGA policies, strategies and development plans, resources produced by academics in or on Yobe State…);
- Provide briefing papers and support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor and relevant stakeholders’ visits/meetings on AAH Nigeria programs in Borno;
- Participate in all internal program strategy meetings with the senior management team in Borno state;
- Support field level project proposals development requirements for the AAH Nigeria Borno Program;
- Develop stakeholders mapping for each project, notes on advocacy primary and secondary targets (organogram of various institutions and influential members), develop, and follow up the implementation of engagement strategies (reports to external stakeholders, advocacy initiatives, etc;
- Where necessary, support the Area Coordinator in the external representation of AAH and the coordination with government authorities at local, national, and state levels (NEMA and SEMA), NGOs, and UN agencies; give regular updates to the main stakeholders when required;
- Develop and manage relationships with local NGOs, CBOs, CSOs, and academia to support the development of new programming. Act as focal person for partnership development and management (from the selection process to supervision).
- Manage the entire project cycle and develop the Project Team;
- Finalize and manage the Project Scope Documents (PSDs) such as Project Procurement plan, Monitoring, and evaluation plan, Work Breakdown Structure, etc. as well as ensuring regular update of these documents to maintain a strong record of the project(s);
- With the support of the relevant technical team, develop, document, and work as per designs, Bill of Quantities (BoQs), tools, implementation modalities, and guidelines;
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget, and with acceptable quality.
- Ensure that the project(s) is being implemented as per donor regulations;
- Take overall responsibility for the quality of the project(s) including regular monitoring, field visits, and learning;
- Manage the entire project cycle and develop the Project Team;
- Identify training need based on assessment and work closely with the HR team in the development, planning, and implementation of training plans for each project team member;
- Facilitate cross-program learnings through joint review and planning with other departments;
- Define team objectives, update job descriptions and facilitate regular performance appraisal in collaboration with the HR teams;
- Develop a data collection and entry plan complete with tools and timeline that is integrated into the PSDs and PIPs (if not already included) in line with the Mission M&E structure and strategy;
- Maintain, document and handover all project records in an organized manner to facilitate quality project audit;
- Globally manage and monitor data collection and entry as per plan; in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Compile and share internal and external reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis;
- Represent AAH programs when and when required alongside with donors during their field visits and other meetings;
- Contribute to overall project design, activity, implementation guidelines, training development, and documentation;
- Develop a systematic mechanism for lessons learned about the project to provide information to facilitate advocacy activities to strengthen information sharing across the mission to employ innovative approach;
- Manage all external relations and stakeholder engagements for the entire duration of the project.
How To Apply For Project Manager – ECHO Job In Action Against Hunger
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Action Against Hunger recruitment portal.
- Fill the application form accurately with the requested details.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The deadline for this position is Friday, May 7th.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- Other benefits include but are not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit acfinternational.applytojob.com.