Save The Children
Project Manager Education Job Recruitment At Save The Children
The vacant position of Project Manager Education is currently available in Save the Children Organization, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below stated criteria should proceed and apply.
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: ECW-MYRP||GRADE: 3|
|CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year Fixed Term||Reports to: Field Manager|
|Budget Responsibilities: Yes||Staff reporting to this post: Project Coordinators Education (Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe)|
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children with NRC/Street Child and UNICEF is implementing Education Cannot Wait (ECW) Seed funding project of Education Cannot Wait – Multi-Year Resilience Project (ECW-MYRP) in the Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe (BAY) States of Northeastern Nigeria. ECW MYRP is an innovative model for education in emergency programming. The MYRP Theory of Change focuses on conflict-sensitive interventions, that move community from emergency to recovery and towards development. The funding for MYRP is ensured that out-of-school children (OOSC) in priority areas have flexible, responsive routes into learning opportunities, that support their transition into further levels of education and that support their holistic wellbeing and development. The MYRP in line with ECW priorities focuses on interventions targeting 3-18 years especially refugees, IDPs, returnees, and host communities.
The person will lead the delivery/ implementation of the Education Cannot Wait – Multi-Year Resilience Project (ECW-MYRP) for Save the Children as Implementing partner. The Project Manager Education provides both operations and technical assistance and oversight on all aspects relating to ECW-MYRP. The job holder provides overall programmatic and operational coordination and management including; planning, implementation, capacity enhancement, monitoring/ evaluation, and reporting both internally (within SCI) and externally (for/with partners). The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of a humanitarian crisis.
Under the guidance of the Field Manager Yobe, Education Consortium Manager, and Head of Education, the Project Manager will ensure that ECW-MYRP is implemented in a coordinated, harmonized, and aligned manner, in line with donor requirements and commitments. The Project Manager Education will be responsible for supporting the Education Consortium Manager in the submission of timely and regular progress reports.
- Community Mobilization Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
- Enumerators Job Recruitment At Save The Children
- Project Coordinator Job At Federal Ministry of Environment
Project Manager Education Job Responsibilities
Projects Coordination & Management
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of the ECW-MYRP across the Northeast in line with the design of the project and donor requirements.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen linkages in the management and implementation of the project.
- Create and sustain positive working relationships with the partners and other stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate LGEA, and State level engagements with partners and key stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure timely and quality reports are submitted as per the reporting requirements.
- Working closely with Education Field Manager Yobe, Head of Education, Awards, Operations Team, Supply Chain, Finance, and MEAL to ensure quality program delivery, documentation, and reporting of progress.
Operational Planning and implementation
- Project Manager Education, provide ensure planning, development of detailed implementation plans, phased budgets, implementation, monitoring, documentation, and reporting for ECW-MYRP is done in the BAY States.
- Overseeing the implementation and budget performance in line with the project plans and budgets.
- Effectively support the project staff in developing weekly, monthly and annual plans, in line with ECW Project design and Save the Children International planning guidelines and ensure compliance with the agreed work plans and that program objectives and targets are being realized in line with the funding proposals.
- Support staff to ensure that ECW-MYRP implementation is to the desired standards and on time.
- Guide the partners through the planning processes to develop plans that are cost-effective and in line with ECW-MYRP funding.
- Maintain a high standard of transparency and accountability in the course of program implementation while ensuring integrity and timeliness of activities implementation in meeting program objectives, compliance with donors & Save the Children policies.
- Provision of regular operations and implementation updates on project progress and challenges to allow for timely interventions and corrective actions by management.
- Ensure the timely reviews and adjustments for the project operational and implementation plans and budgets as may be required from time to time.
Finance and Budget Management
- Manage the Project budget in coordination with Field Manager and Field Finance Manager.
- Overseeing the budget performance to ensure that project implementation is on course as per the detailed implementation plans and phased budgets.
- The Program Manager will conduct budget monitoring, suggest necessary revisions and prepare draft reports.
- Ensure that the budget monitoring reports are responded to in time and with accurate information.
- Working closely with the Education team to ensure that partners are well guided, supported and their capacity built-in sound management procedures.
Program and Financial Reporting.
- Preparation of timely and high-quality progress and end of projects narrative and financial reports which are following the donor reporting schedule and formats.
- Review all program financial reports ensuring that donor guidelines have been followed and high standards met, before submission to management.
- Organize and facilitate quarterly follow-ups and progress review meetings to address key performance issues from the reports.
- Overall Budget Vs Actual expenditure analysis and variance explanations.
Internal and external engagements
- Ensuring that the program experience is represented and given recognition at stakeholder meetings, workshops, donors, networks, and any other engagements.
- Develop and maintain regular channels of communication with partners and key stakeholders at all levels (Community, LGEA, and State).
- Effectively manage project design and study processes which include assessments, baseline, and evaluation studies, putting in place a functional Activity Tracking Table.
- Ensure that the project’s quality benchmarks are followed.
- Collecting and managing complaints and feedback in close coordination with the MEAL team and Projects Officers.
- Ensure regular monitoring of project results, documentation of project case studies, lessons learned, significant changes and best practices, and coordinating learning and reflection meetings/sessions.
- Ensure effective program/project monitoring and evaluation system are in place.
- Monitor programs/project activities to ensure quality, timeliness, and adherence to both Country Office and international Save the Children policies and procedures.
Human Resources Management and Development
- Working together with the Project Team to identify the learning and development needs of the project teams and develop specific plans to address the learning needs.
- Support implementation of the Save the Children performance management system, by supporting, supervising, and reviewing the performance of the Education coordinator.
- Coaching and mentoring the EiE Coordinators and Officers on the provision of technical support and implementation of quality programs.
- Capacity building of EiE Coordinators and Officers through training, coaching, performance management, implementation as well as in learning and reflection events.
- Setting and managing staffing targets, performance, and priorities for EiE Coordinators and Officers.
- Participate in monthly/weekly project management meetings to enable adequate staff support.
In liaison with Education Consortium Manager, Head of Education and Humanitarian leadership team provide guidance and support to projects team, partners and stakeholders.
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values.
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- future-orientated thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members, and external partners and supporters.
- values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
Requirements For Project Manager Education Job In Save The Children Organization
- Minimum of a Masters’ Degree in Education. Experience in managing integrated programs across different thematic areas such as education, child protection, child rights governance, or disaster risk reduction is a must.
- At least 7 years of accrued working experience in program implementation with a minimum of 3 years in a management level position in an international NGO and those applying partnership approaches is desirable.
- Experience in strategic thinking and planning skills, be able to set priorities, prepare manageable plans, and evaluate progress.
- Experience in working with local partners and Local Government and State Authorities in Northeast Nigeria in Education, Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Fluent English language skills (written and verbal) and Local language skills (Hausa, Kanuri or Fulfulde, etc.).
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How To Apply
- Use the ‘Apply For Job’ link below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Save The Children application portal.
- On the portal, click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Create and verify an application account using your active email.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your account by providing the requested details accurately.
The application deadline is 30th April.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.