Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Project Officer – Nutrition Job Vacancy At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Project Officer – Nutrition job vacancy is currently available at Catholic Relief Services (CRS). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Job Title: Project Officer – Nutrition – (210000J8)
Primary Location: CARO-NG-Borno
Job: Program Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world.
Catholic Relief Services programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. We are a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
In the eleventh year of the armed conflict in the northeastern states of Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe, Borno remains the most crisis-affected without a clear end in sight. Vulnerable people continue to suffer from acute humanitarian needs, displacement, and threats of violence further exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Conflict, explosive remnants of war and insecurity have cut people off from their main means of livelihood—farming and fishing.
The COVID-19 pandemic both deepens humanitarian needs and complicates the response. The consequent impairment of livelihoods cascades down to a loss of income and buying power, with acute effects on the already vulnerable and food-insecure.
Given the unfolding large-scale emergency in Borno state, north-east Nigeria, CRS continues to implement lifesaving multisectoral programming including cash transfer programming via e-vouchers; nutrition, protection, shelter/WASH and agriculture.
CRS is looking for a strong candidate with skills in nutrition to manage the designing, team management, coordination and implementation of the CRS nutrition program in Northeast Nigeria.
The Project Officer – Nutrition will be responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day activities of the nutrition program in assigned locations.
The Nutrition Officer with support from the Senior Project Officer- Nutrition will undertake the following responsibilities related to project cycle management, technical direction, and field activities implementation.
- Finance Officer Job Vacancy At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Security Assistant Job At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Female Internship Programme – Administration Intern Damaturu 1 At UN WFP
Project Officer – Nutrition Key Responsibilities
- Support field level technical assessments in coordination plan and organize CRS community-led supplementary program in project locations sites in liaison with Nutrition Manager
- Supervise and Support nutrition partner officers, to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and implemented according to stipulated standards
- Ensure quality engagement of community leaders / their delegates for the organization of beneficiaries in each project location.
- Carry out weekly supervisory visits to all project locations assigned
- Ensure adequate availability of food and material supplies for distribution in all project locations and share monthly distribution plan with the Nutrition Manager
- Submit weekly field data and report to the Nutrition Manager
- Report any progress and any problems on time
- Ensure effective follow-ups on beneficiaries in all project locations.
- Identify gaps and present plans for capacity building to inform effective programming
- Attend regular nutrition meetings and assist in any other tasks when required
- Respect the dignity and culture of beneficiaries and other members of the community
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained following the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Identifying information for case studies for reports on program successes and learning
- Capacity building.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the Senior Nutrition Officer.
- Ensure all partner officers are familiar with their responsibilities and up to date on any changes
- Coordinate project evaluation activities and assist partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data as per specified tools.
- B.Sc. Nutrition / Public Health / BSc or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years experience in implementation of nutrition programs, including CMAM especially SFP and/or IYCF preferably in an International or Local NGO.
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments and an understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Well written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa.
Must be willing and able to travel up to 75 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with the ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Knowledge in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships
- Consult the Senior Nutrition Project Officer in all decision processes.
- Timely updates to Senior Nutrition Project Officer on program data and activities
- Collaborate with other nutrition team members
- Establish and maintain good communication with partner officers
- Internal: Head of Office, Emergency Coordinator, Nutrition and Protection Manager, Senior Nutrition Project Officer, Accountability Officers, Visiting National Offices, Partners and staff (Enumerators, Contractors, Volunteers, Consultants, Vendors), Other CRS staff, GBV/Protection Officer.
- External: International/national and state institutions, agencies, clusters, partners and donors, Children and their families, Parents and other members of the communities, Other partners.
How To Apply For Project Officer – Nutrition Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) recruitment portal.
- Create an application account in the portal if you haven’t.
- Activate your account via the registered email.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be notified of the next process.
- The application deadline is 15th September.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
To apply for this job please visit crs.taleo.net.