Edo State College of Agriculture
Provost Job Recruitment At Edo State College of Agriculture
Application for the vacant position of Provost in Edo State College of Agriculture is currently invited from the suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed requirements.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive, Academic and accounting officer of the college and has power to exercise authority and control over both staff and students.
- He/ she shall be conferred with the responsibilities of overall discipline in the college, subject to general control of the governing council.
- This role player must be credible, exhibit high level management dexterity and leadership experience, in addition to having a demonstrable passion for academic endeavors.
Requirements For Provost Job
- Applicant must be a PhD degree holder from a reputable University in any of the courses offered in the College with good honours degree with at least second class (lower Division) or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Applicant must have been on the position of Chief Lecturer for at least seven (7) years in the Polytechnic / Monotechnic sector, with a minimum of eighteen (18) years teaching experience.
- Must not be over fifty five (55) years of age as at the date of assumption of duty.
- Applicant must possess a demonstrable proof of academic buoyancy and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation as well as sound human evaluation.
- Must be a registered member with the relevant and reputable professional National and International bodies.
- Ability to attract research grants as well as development facilities to the college.
- Must present evidence of scholarly publication in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Ability to harmonize all stakeholders’ views and contributions in the best interest of the college.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision capable of the accelerated pace of development of the college, even in the face of financial and challenging circumstances.
- Must be a fair-minded, morally sound, and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation, free from financial embarrassment
- Ability to collaborate with relevant agencies and bodies for the overall development of the college.
- Must -enjoy sound physical and mental health (attested to by Government Medical Officer),
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Senior Data Processing Officer (CONTEDISS – 08) Job
- Programmer / System Analyst II (CONTEDISS – 08) Job Recruitment
- Assistant Library Officer (CONTEDISS – 05) Job Recruitment
How To Apply For Provost
Eligible applicants should send thirty (30) type-written copies of their applications alongside with Curriculum Vitae stating ‘Application For the position applied’ at the left top corner of a sealed envelope through a courier service, the application must contain the following details in accordance with the order:
- Full names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations.
- Honours and Distinctions, if any.
- Academic / Scholarly publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Former Employer (s) as well as post (s) held with dates.
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties plus any other relevant experience.
- Statement of own vision in thirty (30) copies (with a maximum of 1,000 words) for the College (for Principal Officers only).
- Other activities outside current employment
- Three (3) referees’ names and addresses (preferable employer, educational and personal) who must forward their reports under confidential cover by courier, to below stated address.
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Central Road, G.R.A,
P.M.B 106, Benin City,
Edo State, Nigeria.
The application deadline is 10th May 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be notified.