Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialist Job Vacancy At Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialist job vacancy is currently available at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies.
- Technical Director, Public Financial Management (PFM) Job At DAI
- Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Specialist Job At DAI
- Human Resource Manager Job At NPF Microfinance Bank
- The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria.
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems sustainably, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The PFM Specialist is a technical staff member embedded at the state level.
- S/he will provide support and leadership to PFM activities and ensure relevant PFM interventions within the state.
Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialist Responsibilities
- The PFM Specialist will provide technical assistance (TA) to all PFM activities within the state for which they are responsible. For example, s/he will facilitate activities such as developing annual procurement plans in key sectors of health, education and WASH to foster greater transparency, reduce risk, and support service delivery efficiency.
- With guidance from the Technical Director PFM, this role will mentor partners and will provide TA to support realistic annual budget ceilings for the state ministry, department, and agencies.
- This role will collaborate on Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability assessment and PFM activity design and support implementation, and other activities as needed.
- The PFM Specialist will report to the State Lead List State (ex: Bauchi) and will coordinate closely with the Technical Director PFM on technical matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Law or Development Studies, etc. However, four (4) additional years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance activities under a USG instrument, related to the technical area of the position.
- Experience working in the PFM, democracy, and governance sector in Nigeria.
- Prior experience in overseeing the awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote democracy and governance goals preferred.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How To Apply For Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialist At DAI
Suitably qualified individuals should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com using “Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialist, Sokoto” as the subject of the email.
Note: Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is 24th August.