West Africa Vocational Education (WAVE)
Purchasing Officer (Restaurant) Job Vacancy At WAVE
The vacant position of Purchasing Officer (Restaurant) is currently available at West Africa Vocational Education (WAVE). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
West African Vocational Education (WAVE) is a Nigeria-based social enterprise that addresses widespread youth unemployment in West Africa by training underserved but self-motivated youth with industry-relevant work skills and crucial employability skills.
With over 5,000 candidates pre-assessed and over 50% trained through WAVE Academy, the candidates are work-ready and eager for immediate hiring.
Purchasers, also known as purchasing agents, purchase tools, supplies, equipment, and/or parts from various vendors and suppliers.
Purchasers work independently in a highly collaborative environment that requires frequent communication and may travel to the warehouse and storage areas within the company to complete their usual job tasks.
- Sales Representative At A Fashion Store At WAVE
- Virtual Customer Service Representative Job At WAVE
- Waiter/Waitress Job At West Africa Vocational Education
Purchasing Officer (Restaurant) Responsibilities At WAVE
Write Purchase Orders
- Purchasers purchase items from vendors and suppliers, filling out all necessary purchase orders.
- Distribute Supplies to the Cafe and Production house.
- Must Update Expense sheet regularly
- Monthly price comparison to ensure the company gets the best deals.
- Purchasers shop for the best available deals on needed items by looking up prices from multiple vendors and suppliers to find the highest-quality items for the lowest price.
- Purchasers process purchase orders, updating digital files as needed to record purchases made when money has been received, and all other relevant information.
- Purchasers monitor and maintain inventory levels, ordering new items as needed to keep the inventory fully stocked and supplied.
- Purchasers ensure that purchased orders are delivered by coordinating with warehouse and transport staff.
- Negotiate: Purchasers negotiate new contracts with existing and new vendors and suppliers.
- Purchasers locate new vendors and establish working relationships with them. They also maintain existing vendor and supplier relationships.
Purchaser Skills and Qualifications
- Purchasers collaborate with other members of the supply chain, ensuring that purchases arrive in a timely fashion precisely as ordered to keep inventories well-stocked.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 – 5 years of work experience.
- Experience in this role is a huge advantage
- Only candidates that stay on the island
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Leadership – to work closely with warehouse staff and other staff members within the company, ensuring they are managing purchases properly on their end of the supply chain
- Communication – purchasers work in a collaborative environment that requires coordination with other departments and negotiation with vendors
- Computer skills – to keep digital files updated and manage purchase orders
- Multi-tasking – to manage multiple duties and responsibilities at once
- Organization – to maintain purchase order paperwork and digital files, monitor inventory
- systems, and ensure deliveries
- Detail-oriented – to find the best rates for purchased items and maintain inventory levels.
How to Apply For Purchasing Officer (Restaurant)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Sales Rep Surulere” as the subject of the e-mail.
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the West Africa Vocational Education (WAVE) recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is 30th June.
To apply for this job please visit waveacademy.formstack.com.