QHSSE Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
The vacant position of QHSSE Manager is currently available at Adexen as mandated by a multinational Logistics & Supply Chain company to recruit for the position in Lagos, Nigeria. suitably qualified candidates who possess the below-stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Adexen is a global Human Resources Company providing business and support services in Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, and Supply chain.
- Plant Controller Job Recruitment At Adexen
- Regulatory Affairs Officer Job Recruitment At Adexen
- Container Control Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
QHSSE Manager Job Responsibilities
- To plan, implement and pilot all Quality, Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental related policies, and activities in line with the Corporate vision and policy.
Monitor operations in compliance with OHS Laws and Q-HSE legislation
- Ensure identification, monitoring, and review of relevant Q-HSE legislation and regulation
- Secure the legal compliance check is conducted at least once a year.
- Secure the OSHA compliance checks is conducted at least once a year as per OSHA Act
- Ensure in collaboration with the Legal Department that all Legal Management relating to Q-HSE is maintained
- Advice on Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental legislation changes if operations will be affected significantly
- Manage relationships with authorities on Q- HSSE related issues
Monitor Supplier Q-HSE performance
- Conduct Supplier assessments,
- Follow up the Supplier performance
- Monitor ASAP performance post-contract award and
- Provide feedback on evaluation findings to relevant business/ project managers
Apply and facilitate execution of QHSE policies and directives
- Drive QHSE management review at least once a year
- Ensure that both Country and regional QHSE management is aligned with Corporate Q – HSSE procedures and guidelines
- Guide implementation of Risk Assessment process within the organization
- Provide support with analysis based upon the outcome of the compiled results of risk assessments
- Ensure an annual risk assessment is carried out on a regional level and report the results to the Group Q – HSE
- Ensure that Q –HSE audits, assessments, and inspections are conducted
- Coordinate and pilot the continued improvement management system
- Follow up results of external audits and ensure that the corrective actions are set up, executed and follow up the internal corrective actions up to their closing
- Ensure the follow up of the implementation of improvement actions raised and validated in the various systems and present a summary status report to the Managing Director every month
- Ensure compliance with relevant and applicable standards
- Carry out audits, assessments, and inspections covering Q – HSSE issues
- Ensure that the quality management system is in use within the organization and it is updated following emerging trends in the industry and Group requirement.
- Ensure that the Quality Management rules are complied with in all Company processes.
- Report major incidents and potentially high-risk near-misses in line with Corporate procedures
- Ensure that incidents are reported, investigated, and corrected according to Q – HSE procedures
- Prepare incident statistics and trends including customer complaints
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports
- Provide Q- HSSE reports as required by customers and/or clients
- Establish a Country reporting network to be able to compile monthly and Quarterly reports
- Identifying, monitoring, and reviewing security risk within the organization
- Conduct regular security supplier assessment
- Maintaining relationship with all security agencies in Country
- Ensuring that access control on all sites in place and use
- Reviewing and ensuring that all security plans in place on all sites are adequate
- Involved in incident reporting and investigation
Conduct QHSE Trainings and Awareness
- Define Country/unit training requirements in collaboration with HR Managers
- Define in collaboration with HR Manager new employee’s induction program and existing employee’s training plan (Matrix)
- Map out which training can be provided internally (e.g. classroom training) externally or on-line
- Ensure in collaboration with the communication manager the implementation of OHS campaigns and promotions
- Support and guide routines for employee participation according to OHS procedures
- Conduct relevant training on OHS to staff
- Communication and updates through monthly communication on safety matters and improving the work environment
- Continued fitness checks for employees at the workplaces and ensure a safe working environment
- Promote a safety-conscious workforce with regular toolbox meetings applied on all sites.
Develop and manage country Q – HSSE strategy
- Appoint roles and responsibilities and establish a country organization
- Define the structure and the Q – HSSE competence needs in Nigeria
- Organize and lead regular meetings with nominated employees with Q – HSSE responsibilities
- Review procedures and changes to Q – HSSE instructions and guidelines with the Group Q – HSSE management
- Develop Country QHSE Communication Plan
Desired Skills and Experience
- A first degree from an accredited University
- Masters Degree in Science related field
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Experience and qualifications in health and safety management.
- Working knowledge of Management Systems e.g. QMS ISO 9001, EMS ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Ensure on-time, or ahead of time delivery of projects, enabling your teams to solve problems and prioritize execution.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Successfully deliver large, design-build, and self-performed projects.
- Promote a safe and quality-driven culture, both project and company-wide.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Standard Operating Procedures
- QHSE Policies and Procedures
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
How To Apply For QHSSE Manager Job In Adexen
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Adexen recruitment portal.
- Signup and verify your application account.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.adexen.com.