Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
A Quantity Surveyor job vacancy is currently available at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub-Saharan African countries.
The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user-friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients.
We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following: Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel providing training/capacity development required to operate within the best business practice, even in tough business environments.
- Finishing Supervisor Job At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Rig Supervisor Job At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Project Manager Job At Tezza Business Solutions
- Quantity Surveyor reports to Project Manager and is involved in maximizing project margin, adding value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
- The Quantity Surveyor drives the best value from suppliers and subcontractors. Carries out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin.
- The role will maximize the value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations. Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors.
Quantity Surveyor Core Accountabilities
- Work with the project management team to develop project budgets and monitor to ensure that actual construction costs are kept within the approved project costs.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including Bills of Quantities (BOQ) details regarding quantities, with identified commercial risks and ensuring strict adherence to contractual terms and conditions
- Negotiate costs, evaluate bids and procure the services of contractors, subcontractors, and consultants
- Track variations to contracts that may affect costs and ensure accurate, robust, and timely cash flow and value reporting, periodical forecasting and cost management for projects
- Track changes to designs and construction work and adjusts budget projections accordingly
- Liaise with contractors, consultants, client representatives and other third parties on commercial issues, including analysing completed work, agreement of variations, claims and the preparation of applications for project payments
- Minimize the costs of projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Identifying, analysing, and developing the necessary solutions to commercial risks.
- Work closely with the Procurement Team on the development of procurement strategies for projects
- Performing site visits, assessments, measurement, and valuation of work done on sites.
QMS, EMS & QH& SMS Responsibilities :
- Implement the QMS as defined by the manual and related procedures.
- Obtain and communicate customer requirements to the appropriate personnel or functional organization.
- Ensure that qualified personnel and other resources are available to implement the QMS.
- Ensure that services satisfy customer requirements including quality, safety, cost, schedule, and performance; and
- Ensure that personnel comply with applicable laws, regulations, specifications, standards, and documented procedures.
- Ensuring the integration of the OHSMS and EMS requirements into the departmental processes
- Ensuring effective management of environmental aspects, risks and opportunities and implementation of improvement programs
- Ensuring that the environmental and occupational health and safety management systems achieve their intended results within the department.
- B.Sc in Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum of 10 years (Post-NYSC) experience within a Real estate or
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage -NIQS (Nigerian
Institute of Quantity Surveyors) Certified and QSRBN (Quantity Surveyors
Registration Board of Nigeria)
- Experience in performing cost control analysis, and drawing up reports on
changes to work and contractor’s claims.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 years – 55 years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Experience: Minimum Experience 10 Year
- Other experience: Minimum of 10 years experience within a real estate or Construction Firm
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager).
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk-averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the
- Building and Civil Engineering industry with the ability to read and interpret Architectural, Structural and Mechanical & Electrical drawings.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation & construction contracts-FIDIC, SMM and JCT
- Must understand the different types of bonds and applicability – Advance Payment, Retention, Performance, Bid etc
- Advanced communication skills, including the ability to write clear reports to convey complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- Must understand how to prepare material and labour scheduling
- Must be able to prepare BOQ with rates taking off with project drawings
- Must have an excellent understanding of how to prepare valuations and variation claims
- Must understand what terms like penultimate valuation, half moiety, LAD, etc.
- Must understand how to price project preliminaries concerning the extension of time.
- Understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
- IT literate and able to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project & Construction Costing Softwares.
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current
How To Apply For Quantity Surveyor Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Deep Blue Energy Services Limited recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit portal.dbesl.com.