Regional Director, Schools Job Vacancy At NewGlobe
A Regional Director, Schools job vacancy is currently available at NewGlobe. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Regional Director, Academics Job Vacancy At NewGlobe
- Growth Lead Job Vacancy At Cam Dairies
- Content Writer/Creator/Curator (Intern) Job Vacancy At Shac & Bango
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at the state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all-encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe — a more equitable globe — to join us.
We are fast-growing to be one of the most impactful groups in Nigeria, leveraging a decade of learning science and software development to create schools where children thrive, and teachers are supported. Building upon a strong foundation of proven impact and transformation, we are looking to increase our service threefold in the upcoming years. Current programmes include EdoBEST, EKOEXCEL, and Bridge International Academies.
Schools in the heart of our work. The team is mandated to inspire teachers to teach with passion, pupils to learn with purpose, parents to believe in a better future for their children, and communities to become the change they want to see in the world.
To achieve this vision, the team ensures schools are smoothly run – the school team is motivated and inspired, delivering life-changing lessons, creating an experience that makes parents stay with us, and also cultivating interest and excitement in our work in communities where we serve.
Schools are responsible for ensuring all of the work created by our expert teams, including Instructional Design, Leadership & Development, Technology, Communications, Creative and Insight, are used in each school, and each school is managed to achieve its goal of ensuring every child enjoys a learning environment that develops her core skills, knowledge and confidence.
The performance of the entire organization is led by the Schools Group, which is responsible for the day-to-day management of each school. Schools work to strengthen school enrollment and student retention, ensuring every school is regarded as the strongest school in its neighbourhood and delivers on improved learning outcomes for children and earns the trust of the parents.
We engage with school leaders and teachers every day, ensuring ongoing professional development, performance management, and intensive coaching. We are always seeking effective ways of ensuring every school is supported with data-driven practices. We measure our success through both the financial sustainability of the school and the learning outcomes of the children in the classroom. We are performance-driven.
- The Regional Director, Schools is responsible for the educational and enrollment outcomes across schools in all territories, via his or her co-management and functional support of Schools Directors.
- Schools Directors are responsible for the performance management of every school in the territory or program. This includes school management, academic programming, school programming, staff professional development, regulatory compliance, commercial sustainability, and parent and community engagement in every school we support.
- The team they supervise is in schools each day, providing ongoing mentorship, specific performance feedback, and ongoing group and personal training.
- They manage one of the largest teams in the company, led by the field team of School Supervisors, that give daily support to each school.
- They have the incredible responsibility for the integrated delivery of all our programming in each school, for each teacher, for each child.
- This is a managerial role.
- The Regional Director, Schools is the functional manager of Schools Directors.
- You work with Managing Directors in each territory to ensure that all Schools Directors are using data to drive performance, constant coaching to change behaviour, and ensuring rigorous implementation of core school programs.
- You will also hold Schools Directors accountable for achieving strong performance on school KPIs.
- He or she ensures that our processes and tools for school management and parent and community engagement are implemented in each territory.
- You will also ensure that Schools Directors have a clear and focused work plan, ensuring that each territory has a date Schools Plan for each academic year, setting quarterly goals for the Schools Director to execute the Schools Plan, and The Regional Academic Director ensures that there is strong coordination and clear communication between territory and Shared Services teams regarding core schools programming.
- Finally, you will coach Schools Directors on all aspects of their role and responsibilities.
This role reports to VP, Schools.
Regional Director, Schools Responsibilities
- Work with Managing Directors in each territory to ensure that all Schools Directors are using data to drive performance, constant coaching to change behaviour, and ensuring rigorous implementation of core school programs.
- Hold Schools Directors accountable in achieving strong performance on schools KPIs
- Use data to drive School Director performance, and coaching needed across all parts of the Schools vertical in the territory, and program implementation
- Collaborate with the Managing Director to ensure that Schools Directors have a clear and focused work plan
- Ensure that each territory has an up to date Schools Plan and calendar for each academic year
- Set quarterly goals for the Schools Director to execute the Schools Plan
- Facilitate strong coordination and communication between Shared Services and Territory teams
- Ensure that there is routine communication between the Schools Director, Regional Director, Schools and Managing Director
- Ensure strong information flow and coordination between Shared Services Schools, Leadership and Development, Academics or other Groups and the Schools Director, as necessary
- Guide Schools Directors in facilitating change through healthy change management (especially changes that affect daily operations or the experience of school staff, parents or pupils)
- Coach and support Schools Directors in all of their work
- Other duties as required
- Proven management and leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective
- Proven experience managing field-based teams
- Belief in data-driven decision making
- School management experience is a plus
- Relentless focus on achievement for yourself and others
- Bias towards action
- Flexible and loves to work in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative leader with strong relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) or Masters degree
A detailed doer
- You have a track record of getting things done.
- You’re organized and responsive.
- You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
A networking mastermind
- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates.
- You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech.
- You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation.
- Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- You have an existing network in Nigeria from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
A creative problem-solver
- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges.
- On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems.
- You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
A relentless advocate
- The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind.
- You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future).
- You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like.
- Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
A malleable learner
- You believe you can always do better.
- You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others.
- You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
A curious investigator
- You ask why a lot.
- You don’t just take what you see and accept it.
- You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different.
- You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
How To Apply For Regional Director, Schools Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the NewGlobe recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload the necessary document.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit newglobe.education.