Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB)
Risk Officer, Group Risk and Compliance Job Vacancy At Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
The vacant position of Risk Officer, Group Risk and Compliance is currently available at Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Risk Officer will assist the Group Chief Risk and Compliance Officer in providing oversight of the Group’s spectrum of risk-taking activities encompassing economic risks including credit, market, liquidity, capital and country, as well as other core risks including operational, model, conduct, and reputational risk. He/she is responsible for coordinating all business units to assist in the identification, monitoring, and reporting of risks taken throughout the Group.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Compliance Officer, Group Risk and Compliance Job At GTB
- Internal Audit Analyst Job At Guaranty Tr ustBank (GTB)
- Road Marshal Assistant II (CONPASS 04) Job At (FRSC)
Risk Officer, Group Risk and Compliance Responsibilities
- Provide support in designing a robust risk management strategy for the Group with over 10 subsidiaries across Africa and different financial services businesses
- Provide support in setting the risk appetite levels for the Group, and further defining risk limits for each subsidiary
- Guide to ensure that adequate risk management policies are designed, and well-implemented by subsidiaries
- Oversee monitoring of macro-economic activities that may affect the Group’s business activities, to proactively identify and assess the impact of risks and opportunities inherent in the Group’s business operations
- Provide oversight and guidance for conducting stress tests on the Group’s consolidated risk exposure
- Manage the risk identification and risk mitigation procedures of the Group
- Provide support in the creation of risk analysis report and disseminate it to relevant stakeholders including the risk committee, board members and group executives
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking and heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching
- Raise awareness of relevant rules and regulations from statutory and regulatory bodies within Banking and other financial services
- A minimum of 5 years working experience across risk management, policies and regulations in the financial services sector
- Demonstrated capacity to translate commercial strategies into risk profiles and risk assessments
- Proven participation in implementing and managing Enterprise Risk Management strategy and governance, risk and compliance activities
- Deep knowledge and experience in risk functions including credit, market, liquidity, capital and country and a broad understanding of the regulatory environment and compliance issues
- Experience in building or implementing risk and compliance controls across a group of different financial services companies
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
- Local and international certifications in Risk management, such as Certificate in Risk Management (CIRM)
- Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets
- Deep knowledge and understanding of both banking and general financial markets regulatory environment
Strong understanding of Enterprise Risk management concepts, frameworks to proactively identify risks inherent in business operations that can have negative strategic implications for the Group
- Strong knowledge of portfolio risk management techniques, e.g. key risk metrics for players in the financial markets, capital management, database management, risk analysis etc.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Reporting skills
- Ability to use available technology resources to drive monitoring and reporting
- Data analytics skills will be an advantage
- Ability to build relationships with senior leaders, and external agencies
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analysis capabilities
- Ability to exert sound judgment and discretion; assure confidentiality
- Ability to build a strong network with regulatory bodies and government authorities
- Good standing and assertiveness, with excellent teamwork attitude, with proven ability to influence and coordinate team beyond his/her own department
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, changing organization
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects
How To Apply For Risk Officer, Group Risk and Compliance Job
- Click the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Proceed to the displayed link.
- Apply on LinkedIn
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.