RMNCH Technical Advisor Job Vacancy At Jhpiego
An RMNCH Technical Advisor job vacancy is currently available at Jhpiego. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Program Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego
- RMNCH Senior Technical Advisor Job Vacancy At Jhpiego
- Knowledge Management / Training Advisor Job At Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) Technical Adviser will be responsible for providing technical knowledge and input in strengthening the RMNCH quality service delivery for the upcoming Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) Quality of Care (QoC) project in Nigeria.
- He/She will provide technical support to the National and State/LGA RMNCAEH+N Quality of Care Technical Working Groups across Nigeria including USAID Implementing Partners on quality of care activities and initiatives.
- This quality of care RMNCH health project aims to contribute to reductions in maternal and child morbidity and mortality in Nigeria and to increase the capacity of health systems to sustainably support quality health care services. The project will operate for an approximately 3-year period.
RMNCH Technical Advisor Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise on high impact reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCAEH+N) services that is sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of project states and at the National level as identified.
- Provide advice on the integration of these services into established service delivery systems at different levels of care in the State.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders at the National and State level to apply lessons learned, innovations and quality methods to ensure evidence-based practices are translated to improved implementation of quality of care interventions.
- Provide technical expertise to the building of national and local capacity using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies.
- Provide training (providers and training of trainers) as well as follow-up support and clinical mentoring as necessary for RMNCH.
- Supervise other officers as appropriate under the MCGL QoC project.
- Provide technical support to States on basic maternal health (MH) continuum of care (including antenatal through postpartum care, FP integration, birth planning and birth preparedness) for their – public and private health facilities State sites.
- Coordinate closely with other development partner programs at the national and state level.
- Provide technical support to key stakeholders at the national and State level including review of technical documents and providing input to relevant policies and strategies.
- Provide technical support to the FMoH and members of the National QoC TWG in the development of QoC strategies that reduce maternal morbidity and mortality.
- Contribute to and coordinate with the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team on activities to ensure that the program meets set targets following national and donor standards.
- Represent program at national and state-level stakeholder meetings and technical working groups concerning RMNCAEH+N and related technical areas.
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports.
- Provide technical input and support on the timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results.
- Advocate and ensure quality program implementation consistent with FMOH RMNCH and WHO Guidelines and strategic directions, global best practices including advice on relevant latest health developments & publications.
- Support the evaluation of program progress against deliverables quarterly.
- With the consortium partners, Project lead, SIOs and other program staff oversee program design, implementation, quality assurance and monitoring of work plan.
- Support with the other members of the technical team and partners to develop and implement feasible national and state-based approaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Snr RMNCH Technical Adviser and Project lead which contributes to the achievement of program goals.
- A Medical doctor or Experienced Nurse or Midwife or any other closely related health care professional; specialization in obstetrics and gynaecology or Public Health and other health-related courses (e.g. PhD, MPH, and MSc in international health, Social sciences or other relevant degrees) will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in the areas of RMNCH, Nutrition, and family planning.
- The RMNCH Technical Advisor must be a proven expert in the field of international RMNCH with some management experience in public health programs.
- S/he must be familiar with the reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) community in Nigeria.
- The RMNCH Technical Advisor must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with donor programs. Additional qualifications include:
- Previous experience working on an international donor-funded project will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with the FMOH, SMOH structures and functions especially as it relates to MNCH is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country government officials and policymakers in maternal health.
- Experience working with host-country partners, organizations, and institutions.
- Strong skills in technical issues, design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g. services, training, quality improvement, advocacy and coordination.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding RMNCH.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills are essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities
- A strong ability to multi-task will be highly desirable.
- Fluent in English, (written and oral communication) and any local language.
- Willingness to travel throughout Nigeria as necessary.
How To Apply For RMNCH Technical Advisor Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using “Infographics Officer” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st November.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org