Safety Officer – Inspection (Cement Industry) Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
The vacant position of Safety Officer – Inspection (Cement Industry) is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for Safety Officer – Inspection (Cement Industry) who will:
- Ensure that the DCP OH&S policy is understood and implemented at the shop floor level.
- Support plant operations with the implementation of H&S initiatives, H&S management system, and H&S programs
- Conduct safety training and awareness programs in line with the DCP annual HSE goals and targets.
- Maintain all documents and records as per Ghanaian Laws relating to H&S concerning plant operations.
- Inspection of plant and equipment is carried out for maintaining a safe workplace
- Treasury Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- IT Audit Lead – Cement Industry Job In Dangote Group
- Cost Accountant Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
Safety Officer – Inspection (Cement Industry) Key Responsibilities
- Conduct identification, assessment and analysis of the hazardous activities within the operations
- Conduct various H&S training and awareness programs including induction training of all
- Inspect ongoing work to ensure compliance of the Permit to Work system
- Conduct regular inspections of plant and equipment
- Conduct regular toolbox talk with shop floor
- Assist plant managers in conducting Job Safety Analysis as of and when required
- Implement an annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- maintain relevant documents/records for safety and ensure they are properly maintained at the plant
- Attend all shutdowns and major breakdowns from an H&S point of view
- Comply with all relevant H&S legal requirements
- Conduct surveys to check quality and adequacy of these, but are not limited to the following:
- Lifting equipment
- Pressure vessels
- Portable electrical equipment
- Elevated work
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Environmental Sciences/Mechanical Engineering and Professional Certification in EHS by a National or Internationally recognized organization.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience
Skills and Competencies
- Very good knowledge/experience on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments and control
- Very good knowledge of Fire Safety Management
- Good understanding of PTW system and RCA
- Understanding of Ghanaian Laws related to H&S
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Good knowledge of H&S audits and inspection
- Understanding of typical plant operations/dynamics
- Experience in the Cement industry or other heavy industry
- Initiative & drive
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability
- Team Player
- Communication skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For Safety Officer – Inspection (Cement Industry)
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.