Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Semi-Automatic Welding Specialist Job Vacancy At NNPC
Semi-Automatic Welding Specialist job vacancy is currently available at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Semi-Automatic Welding Instructor Job Vacancy At NNPC
- Heavy-Duty Mechanical Specialist (Gas Pipeline Construction & Automatic Welding Equipment) Job At NNPC
- Lecturer I (Social Sciences) Job At Kogi State University
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is currently embarking on the construction of 40” X 614km Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano Gas Pipeline and Stations (AKK). The AKK Pipeline is a section of the Trans-Nigerian Gas Pipeline Network.
The Segment 2 scope covering a distance of about 318.66 km of the Trans Nigeria Gas Pipeline and stations was awarded to Brentex CPP Limited for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction of Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline and Stations Project.
As an equal opportunity employer, Brentex CPP Limited welcomes applications for the position below to serve on the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline Project (Segment 2) Operation:
Semi-Automatic Welding Specialist Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings and take measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set tip components for welding according to specifications.
- Welds metal parts together using both gas [Welder GasI or brazing [Brazer, Assembler] any combination of arc processes [Welder Ard.
- Perform related tasks, like thermal cutting grinding.
- May locate and repair cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads using inspection equipment gas torch, and be designated Repairer, Cylinder Heads.
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Weld components using manual or sen-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead).
- Repair machinery arid other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- SMAW-flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions.
- FCAW gas-shielded AOL self-shielded wire – flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions.
- Oxy / acetyleneorory / polypropylene work.
- Higher National Diploma / B.Tech / B.Eng. in Engineering or Physical Sciences.
- National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB)
- City & Guild Level 3.
- ASNI certification
- AW Scertiftcationl CSWlP or its equivalent
- Years of Experience: 8 years
- Ability to interpret drawings and weld symbols per AWS A2.4.
- Knowledge of AWS 01.1, D1.6, 012 and ASME B313 fabrications and welding requirements.
- Proven work experience in a similar job.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 1st January.