Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
Senior Accountant Job At Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
Applications are invited from the suitably qualified individuals for the vacant position of Senior Accountant in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD).
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) is implementing a three- year IFAD-assisted Value Chain Development Programme Additional Financing (VCDP AFi), as a follow-up to the successful six (6) – year Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP), in nine (9) participating states (Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogi, Nasarawa, Taraba, Niger, and Ogun).
The Programme’s goal is: “Rural Poverty reduced, food security increased and accelerated economic growth achieved.” The VCDP, which was approved for an IFAD loan of USD744 million in 2012, aimed to directly improve the livelihood of approximately 17,480 households (15,000 smallholder farmers, I,68o processors, and 800 traders) and to benefit indirectly approximately 22,000 households.
In 2018, IFAI) approved an Additional Financing (AF1) of IJSD 89.1 million to: (i) expand VCDP activities to three (3) new states – Enugu, Kogi, and Nasarawa – and to a total of 57 meal Government Areas (LOAs) from 30 LGAs at the Mid-term Review (MTR) of VCDP, in the entire nine states; and (ii) support the mainstreaming of issues that were not considered at the design of VCDP, consistent with national and IFAI) policies; climate-smart agricultural practices; conflict mitigation as the conflict increases between farmers and herdsmen for land resources; nutrition and financial inclusion.
- National Program Coordinator Job At FMARD
- Assistant Rural Infrastructure Engineer (ARIE) Job At FMARD
- Agricultural Production Advisor Job At FMARD
The VCDP -AF1 focuses on enhancing the productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers (who cultivate not more than 5ha of land under rice/cassava) and small/medium-scale agro-processors (with the processing capacity of an average of 2MT/day for cassava and 4MT/day for rice) by improving their access to markets, and capacity to increase yield as well as add value to locally produced raw materials through improved processing and packaging.
The programme is being implemented through three mutually reinforcing components; Agricultural Market Development, Smallholder Productivity Enhancement, and Programme Management and Coordination.
We are currently hiring individuals who have all the below-listed criteria.
Details of the Contract
Two-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN and IFAD.
The Senior Accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Financial Controller.
The Senior Accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Financial Controller in close collaboration with the State Accountants for the implementation of accounting systems consistent with international accounting standards and principles and Government requirements to ensure proper use of funds in line with the respective legal agreements.
Specific Duties For Senior Accountant
Prepare Programme’s Financial Statements on:
Ensure accuracy of computations and completeness of payment request at the NPMU in terms of:
- Receiving approval for payments
- Uploading of payment on remittal platform
- Checking of retirements by staff
- Checking of contract documents for completeness and implementation support
Check vouchers coming from the participating States for completeness:
- Account payables
- Goods received and issued to user departments
Participate in financial management monitoring in the participating States and visits to sites.
- Checking of postings and generation of reports on flexible accounting software for correctness/completeness of entries in conjunction with the Financial Controller.
- Facilitate preparation, processing and replenishment, reimbursement, or direct payment of SOF,s and Withdrawal Applications in conjunction with the Financial Controller.
- Any other tasks that might be assigned to him/her by the Financial Controller.
Requirements For Senior Accountant
- Master’s degree in any of the following discipline: Agriculture and related fields, Social and Management Sciences
- A minimum of 15 years post qualification working experience out of which at least five (5) years must be at senior management level in public/private sectors
- Meat has a working knowledge of Donor Funded projects.
- Good writing skills and Computer literacy
- Good Communication and Team building skills
How To Apply For Senior Accountant Job In Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
Eligible individuals should forward their Expression of Interest (EOI) in 10 copies including one original and nine photocopies, properly sealed and boldly stated ‘Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Officers under FGN / IFAD-VCDP Project’ at the top right-hand cover of the envelopes.
Each envelope must contain a CV, application letter with a cover letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
C / O Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU),
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aininu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.
The application deadline is 4th May.