PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
Senior Associate – Assurance (Energy, Utilities & Mining) Job Vacancy At PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
A Senior Associate – Assurance (Energy, Utilities & Mining) job vacancy is currently available at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse.
We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
- Security and Business Resilience Administrative Assistant Job At PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
- Software Developer Job At PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Team Member, Mobile Banking Technology Support Job At UBA
Job Description & Summary
Job ID: 209018WD
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry / Sector: EUR X-Sector
Management Level: Senior Associate
– A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast-growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well-known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
– To stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
– As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know-how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities that give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Senior Associate – Assurance (Energy, Utilities & Mining) Responsibilities
- Lead, supervise, mentor, coach and evaluate engagement teams on financial audits of Energy, Utilities & mining companies using International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
- Lead accounting Advisory and other Assurance Engagements.
- Serve as effective liaison and representative between the firm and the client.
- Work harmoniously and productively within a team; providing necessary supports to superiors and motivate less experienced team members to deliver their work most efficiently and effectively.
- Exercise sound judgment by making decisions throughout the engagement, including assessment of engagement risks, design and selection of audit procedures necessary to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluation of documentation and audit evidence received.
- Preparation and 1st level review of complex consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Work with partners and engagement managers regarding project management, including scheduling, staffing and the engagement budget.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Demonstrate professional demeanour towards duties and responsibilities, particularly concerning independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- ACA / ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Must be working or have worked in a consulting / Audit firm – with 4 – 5 years professional experience in external audit of organisations in the Energy, Utilities & Mining sector
- Have deep technical knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory pronouncements that apply to Energy, Utilities & Mining companies
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- Possess the ability and maturity to resolve conflicts on engagements
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to perform and deliver on multiple commitments concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Strong team-working
- Ability to delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results
- Ability to develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems
- The desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in a business areas.
- Ability to review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Good listening skills.
- Up to 20%.
How To Apply For Senior Associate – Assurance (Energy, Utilities & Mining) Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria recruitment portal.
- Create and verify your application account on the portal.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Submit and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 29th September.
Note: This vacancy is strictly for people currently residing in Ghana that are willing to relocate to Lagos, Nigeria.
To apply for this job please visit pwc.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.