Shell Petroleum Development Company
Senior Commissioning and Start-Up Engineer Job Vacancy At Shell Petroleum Development Company
A Senior Commissioning and Start-Up Engineer job vacancy is currently available at Shell Petroleum Development Company. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Project Lead – Platforms & Integration Job At Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Senior Quality Engineer Job At Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Logistics Supervisor Job At Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Ref No: R60734
We’re seeking someone who’s an expert in commissioning and start-up (CSU) engineering within the oil and gas sector. Here’s a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company.
Where you fit in:
- As a Senior Commissioning and Start-Up Engineer, you will be involved in preparing and monitoring design and construction reviews to ensure design and activities are in line with the approved project specifications, standards and documentation requirements to maintain commissioning records also in managing work, as well as supervising the junior colleagues in the team in order – to ensure all projects assigned to them are efficiently delivered to a high professional quality.
- The Senior Commissioning and Start-Up Engineer should have significant operational experience, preferably Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO), offshore and onshore experience, exceptional interpersonal and management skills.
- The work will be executed in a very challenging environment and business solutions will be required to a wide range of issues not all of which will be technical. Teamwork and influencing, communication skills will be a key requisite, as will the ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Senior Commissioning and Start-Up Engineer Responsibilities
- Your main responsibility as a Senior Commissioning and Start-Up Engineer is to support Commissioning & Start-Up (CSU) Lead in design, assurance and safety reviews, planning, documentation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up of portfolio projects in line with Shell Project Standard CSU and Handover Practitioners Guide requirements and industry best practice.
- You will support the asset team during start-up planning, developing/reviewing procedures, and actual start-up activities.
- You will also support the update of projects Completions Management System for all the projects/work scope.
Your Further Accountabilities
- Providing commissioning inputs to projects front-end definition.
- Supervise activities of assigned commissioning engineers and technicians, including contractor resources.
- Support the CSU Lead in producing project commissioning and start-up deliverables (plans, schedules, manpower, budget, procedures) in line with corporate standards and methods.
- Contribute to project design and quality assurance activities and deliverables.
- Provide input to, and support the implementation of, project HSE and quality plans.
- Support commissioning and start-up execution activities and associated Permit to Work (PtW) requirements.
- Review commissioning and start-up deliverables as may be assigned by the CSU Lead.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry into Projects Completions and Certification Management System (CCMS)
- Update of all commissioning documentation pre & post-start-up.
- Participate in all pre-start-up safety reviews and pre-start-up hazard study activities.
- Input into systemization of the plant and create all commissioning documentation and check sheets for assigned systems.
- Organise and execute all commissioning activities within responsible systems.
- If required prepare Standard Operating Procedures, prepare and deliver training packages.
- Carry out all commissioning and start-up activities safely to schedule and punch list allocated systems.
- Assess all activities associated with the commissioning systems allocated to the individual and present justified training requirements for the commissioning manager’s approval.
- Participate in all coordination, scheduling, safety and progress review meetings; and administer Change Control System.
- Ensure and assist as required that all discipline tests are complete.
- Ensure the newly built asset is suitably labelled for process pipe, equipment, instrumentation, electrical items etc.
- Attend design review meetings as required per assigned systems, i.e. hazard and operability (HAZOP), Process and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) review and model reviews.
We’re keen to hear from individuals with at least 8 years of working experience in major oil and gas projects and preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Alongside this, we’d hope to see many of the following on your CV:
- Extensive oil and gas industry experience including front-line supervisory roles for operations and/or maintenance and/or engineering.
- Knowledgeable in Project Management Framework, and CSU & Handover Practitioners guide.
- Leading by example in HSE / HSE management systems skills.
- Experience in a supervisory role for Commissioning and Start-Up activities in projects through multiple phases (Identify / Assess, Select, Define, Execute) including:
- Implementation of Commissioning strategy and execution plan.
- Developing & implementing Commissioning plans, procedures and budgets.
- Specifying Commissioning contractor technical support requirements.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary pre-Commissioning and Commissioning activities (process, mechanical, instrument, electrical);
- Technical and HSE risk identification and mitigation (including Flawless Project Delivery);
- Application of a computerized Completions Management System.
- Experience in structured technical review or audit.
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate subject areas within a multi-disciplined project team.
- Proven ability and track record as an effective team leader.
- People coaching, mentoring, diplomacy skill.
- Skilled in influencing, excellent relationships- both up and down the organization.
- A self-starter and quick learner –who can attain to an SME in Commissioning in a short period.
How To Apply For Senior Commissioning and Start-Up Engineer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Shell Petroleum Development Company.
- Complete the online application form.
- The application deadline was not specified,
To apply for this job please visit shell.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.