Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Database Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
A Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Database job vacancy is currently available at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – PBC Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
This position will work closely with the Director Research/Monitoring & Quality Assurance, Program and M&E staff to provide technical support and ensure that data that gets reported are of the highest quality possible. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer II_Database Manager will ensure that all database-related needs of all JHU-CCP (Breakthrough Action Nigeria projects) are met.
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Database Responsibilities
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of existing database architecture.
- Developing database structures and features according to organizational needs.
- Protecting data by developing data security and restoration policies, procedures, and controls.
- Developing procedures to ensure data integrity and quality routinely.
- Preparing and presenting system performance reports to Supervisor/Senior Management team as needed.
- Performing database maintenance, migration, and upgrading hardware and software.
- Documenting processes and complying with best practices in database management.
- Keeping the BA-Nigeria database up to date in line with developments and trends in database management global best practices.
- Maintain a database to track performance indicators by the monitoring system and conduct the verification. validation checks to ensure the accuracy of these data and provide feedback timely
- The incumbent will maintain regular communication with state-level partners and other stakeholders to offer data-required support.
- Conducting diagnostic tests and evaluating performance metrics for the BA-Nigeria monitoring database.
- Regularly review data entered into the M&E system to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity.
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Actively contribute to and support project implementation activities via the use of program monitoring data
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities as relevant to database procurement, management and hosting.
- Contribute to the preparation of tables, charts and figures for internal and external publications
- Hiring, supervising, and mentoring database development teams (including vendors).
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to JHU-CCP projects
Education and Experience Requirements
- Masters degree (preferred) in computer science, information systems, or information technology management information systems (MIS), data management, or Social/Management Sciences,
- Seven (7 years) experience in donor-funded database management or 10 years proven experience instead of a Master’s degree.
- Advanced proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL) and 3years of profound experience in MySQL (preferred)
- Ability to design and host rational databases.
- Intuitive in the use of QGIS for program guidance and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture, and data security.
- Knowledge of global best practices in database management.
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use other statistical packages, e.g. STATA (preferred) for data analysis
How To Apply for Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Database Job
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to email@example.com The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja’.
The application deadline is 16th March 2022.