International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Senior Nursing Officer Job Vacancy At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
A Senior Nursing Officer job vacancy is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Driver Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Ground School) Job Vacancy At International Aviation College (IAC) Ilorin
Senior Nursing Officer Responsibilities
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Check vital signs (Temperature, Pulse respiration and blood pressure etc.).
- Perform wound dressing on a routine and emergency basis;
- Facilitate health education to all categories of staff;
- Conduct eye lavage, Ear Syringing and giving of injections;
- Setting up of intravenous infusion as the need arises;
- Conduct Immunization of mothers and babies;
- Conduct simple eye testing using Snellen’s chart
- Provide consultation for simple clinical cases whenever the needs arise (especially after normal hours);
- Register patients’ attendance every day;
- Assist in the management of very ill patients;
- Assist in updating yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country;
- Assist in the collection of vaccines from State regulatory authorities;
- Carry out cleaning, autoclaving and storage of instruments used in nursing care;
- Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as needs arise;
- Carryout costing and billing for drugs and other services
- Perform any other duties as may be necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- BSc in Nursing and Registered Midwife Certificate with any two (2) of the following:
- Diploma in Public/Occupational Health Nursing
- Family Planning Certificate
- Accident & Emergency Nursing Diploma
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Theatre techniques
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Pediatric Nursing
- Diploma in Health Education
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in at least three of the following areas:
– Accident and emergency unit
– Outpatient department and medical wards
– Family Planning Unit/Family Health Unit
– Maternal & Child Health Unit
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure
- Be able to carry out basic laboratory procedures such as rapid malaria test, urinalysis and blood sugar using a glucometer.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching a detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to the IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
The application deadline is 4th November.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.