Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN)
Senior Platform Engineer Job Vacancy At Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN)
A Senior Platform Engineer job vacancy is currently available at Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Illustrator / Motion Graphics Designer Job At Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN)
- Accountant Job Vacancy At Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN)
- Deputy Director, Technical & Education Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN) is a leading climate-based consulting company, providing solutions on clean energy utilization, international and national climate policy development (Nationally Determined Contribution), climate change mitigation and carbon assessment of projects to both public and private institutions.
- Our Platform teams utilise their software and systems engineering skills to both build up and mentor others, have a toolbox for troubleshooting distributed systems, and are responsible for building and maintaining the tools we are missing.
- We drive the overall strategy and direction of engineering excellence in service reliability, observability, infrastructure management and incident response.
Senior Platform Engineer Responsibilities
- As a Backend Engineer in the Platform team, you’ll get to work across a wide range of systems and environments.
- As a team, we’re responsible for designing, building, and operating our physical data centres, all of our networking, the services we consume from AWS, and the software we run on top like Kubernetes, Cassandra, DynamoDB, and Terraform.
- We’re investing a lot of up-front effort in building scalable, secure, and resilient systems, capable of supporting Carbon’s continued growth.
You should apply if:
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You’re passionate about Financial Services.
- You’re familiar with some of our Platform technologies or specialise in just one part.
- You want to help build, scale and operate a platform to support a product that you (and everyone you know) use or will use every day.
- You’re keen to learn more about new technologies and the arcane inner workings of the financial industry.
- You’re comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity.
- You’re interested in distributed systems and writing resilient software.
We are looking for candidates who can meet the following criteria – We want to emphasize that we don’t expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in at least one area:
- Experience in building robust, maintainable, scalable applications
- Able to work comfortably in a team.
- Experience with VMs, containers and serverless computer platforms. (We use AWS for compute, e.g. EC2, ECS and Lambda)
- Experience with networking, CDNs, HTTP and TCP/IP basics. (We use Cloudflare, AWS VPCs and many of our services implement JSON and/or GraphQL APIs)
- Experience with operating systems, configuration management and “Infrastructure as Code”. (We use AMIs, Docker Images, Terraform)
- Experience with monitoring applications (We use Amazon Cloudwatch, Datadog)
- Experience with managing databases, caches and message queues. (We use Postgres, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis and Kafka)
- Experience as a professional “DevOps”, “SRE” or “SysAdmin” roles
- Ability to work with unfamiliar codebases, including internal, open-source and 3rd party code we depend on.
- Knowledge of microservices (or SOA) and/or distributed systems.
- Experience in Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing.
- Understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts.
- At Carbon, People are the heart of the business so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to ;
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option for certain roles.
How To Apply
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Carbon Nigeria recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit carbon.bamboohr.com.