Senior Procurement Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
A Senior Procurement Officer job opening is currently available at Jhpiego Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization that works in conjunction with national governments, health experts as well as local communities to create and delivers transformative health care solutions that save lives.
We are recruiting for a Senior Procurement Officer who possesses all the criteria listed below:
- The Senior Procurement Officer supports the procurement team in ensuring efficiency and integrity of the processes for procurement of goods and services at Jhpiego’s office.
- Senior Program Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Technical Officer – Pharmacy and Supply Chain Job At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Strategic Information Assistant Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
Senior Procurement Officer Responsibilities
Procurement of Goods and Services
- Perform procurement functions for goods and services with the utmost integrity.
- Prioritizes, evaluates, and manages procurement needs and opportunities.
- Support in updating vendor’s database in line with Jhpiego’s policy
- Support procurement committee functions
- Ensure compliance with document retention strategy for the department.
- Coordinate procurement processes in collaboration with the Procurement Manager.
- Document all processes followed in procurement for references, audits and other third party reviews
- Provide coaching and mentoring for supervisees to perform procurement functions.
- Support the Procurement Manager in sustaining compliance to USAID and Jhpiego procurement regulations.
- Support review meetings with all project procurement staff to review compliance and implement improvements and best practices.
- Conform compliance indicators for procurement. Track and report against performance.
- Conform to the established sourcing and procurement processes that promote transparency and integrity.
- Enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, while reducing or mitigating risk in procurement management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent related qualification
- MBA is highly desired
- Purchasing-related certifications will be an added advantage.
- 6+ years experience in procurement required; in USAID- funded procurement preferred.
- Knowledge of global sourcing and procurement strategies, tactics, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adaptable, creative, collaborative and able to think strategically.
- Ability to lead in the face of complexity in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written)
- Able to work under pressure, take initiative and manage and prioritize work independently.
- Ability to travel to and work in the state in which Jhpiego operates.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and other international donor regulations
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
How To Apply For The Senior Procurement Officer Job
Eligible candidates should forward their updated CV to email@example.com using “Senior Procurement Officer ” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st September.