Brit Property Nigeria Limited
Senior Program Officer II – TB & Social and Behaviour Change Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
A Senior Program Officer II – TB & Social and Behaviour Change job vacancy is currently available at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Senior Program Officer – Media Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Program Officer – Social and Behaviour Change Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Social and Behaviour Change Officer Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
The SPO II – TB SBC will provide technical assistance to the project in the areas of tuberculosis social and behaviour change (SBC) capacity strengthening, community mobilization, social and mass media strategies and advocacy. S/he will also assist in developing and implementing annual TB SBC work plans for the project.
Senior Program Officer II – TB & Social and Behaviour Change Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to the Advocacy Communication and Social Mobilization (ACSM) unit of the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP).
- Maintain regular contact and excellent relationships with USAID, NTBLCP, STBLCP, implementing partners and stakeholders and represent the Project in national tuberculosis technical meetings.
- Manage the national “Check Am O” TB SBC campaign, including the implementation of existing campaign channels, the development, pre-testing and production of any new materials (i.e. radio spots, TV spots, print materials), media scheduling and buying, and monitoring, evaluation and adaptation.
- Coordinate with the BA-N media, knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), finance and administration teams to ensure smooth TB program operation.
- Supervise the national TB hotline and implementation of the community SBC interventions – motorized campaigns, and interventions with PPMVs, religious leaders, market unions/civic organizations
- Lead and coordinate quarterly/annual reporting
- Coordinate capacity strengthening activities on TB SBC strategies and activities.
- Support the State Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (STBLCP) in the 7 implementing states to implement and monitor TB SBC activities based on the developed SBC interventions and the National Advocacy Communication and Social Mobilization Guidelines.
- Support the development of SBC activities at the health facility to promote providers’ positive behaviours to tuberculosis prompt diagnosis and treatment.
- Design, pre-test and finalize drafts of tuberculosis SBC materials in collaboration with NTBLCP and other relevant partners.
- Work with representatives of NTBLCP, STBLCPs, partners, and other stakeholders to share best practices in tuberculosis SBC.
- Work with Project staff both at the National and State level to ensure that TB SBC efforts are evidence-based, community-driven and contribute to the overall goal of the project.
Supervise the Programme Officer, TB
Education and Experience Requirements
- MBBS or other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in SBC and at least 5 years must be working experience in Tuberculosis control.
- Experience in developing SBC strategies, tools and materials.
- Experience in program management and multi-stakeholder coordination
- Previous experience working on projects funded by USAID a plus
Other specific knowledge requirements:
- General knowledge of SBC and its practical application to programs
- Familiarity with relevant national Tuberculosis policy documents and guidelines, e.g., the Nigeria National Strategic Plan for Tuberculosis Control
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
How To Apply for Senior Program Officer II – TB & Social and Behaviour Change Job
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to email@example.com The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja’.
The application deadline is 16th March 2022.